Need some advice........ HELP

ValleyHo 310
on 2/19/13 4:15 am - TX

Hello Strangers....Haven't been on here in a long time but really need some advice/help.....

I am almost 7 1/2 years out - I have maintained my 125 lb loss but now I have started having an issue.

Every time I eat, no matter what I eat or how much I eat, I get so sick. Like going thru the dumping syndrome again. Sick at my stomach, feel like throwing up, get hot/clammy, feel just horrible. The only thing that helps is chewing 3-4 Papaya Enzymes right after I eat.

It's becoming very annoying to be hungry - eat - and then feel absolutely horrible. And it doesn't matter how much or what type of food.

Any others experience this or know this is??? My GB surgeon is 4 hours from me and can't really make a trip to see him any time soon.

Thanks!!! Traci

POWERFUL WOMEN - Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, SATAN shudders & says "Oh SHIT..... She's Awake"!!!

Saundra P.
on 2/19/13 11:03 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi,

I have no experience with this, I only dump when I eat too much sugar, carbs and fats. My suggetion is to go see your PCP and they can consult with your surgeon.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Paul Hayes
on 2/19/13 11:38 am - Melissa, TX

Traci, at 7 1/2 years out, you are just up the road ahead of me (I will be 7 years out on 3/6/13).  First instinct is to assume anything related to eating is related to WLS surgery, and it could be.  But it could also be something else gastroenterological, not related to your surgery (GERD, ulcers, normal enzyme production deficiency, etc).  I don't have any suggestion on what, and would not want to guess even if I did, but if it were me, I would see if there was a gastroenterologist closer to you than the four hours it is to your surgeon.  They can do tests and things such as a MRI, barium swallow radiological imaging, etc. to see what is going on.  Odds are, whatever it is, most likely it can be treated medicinally, but they will know if surgery is necessary, and at that point a four hour drive is probably more reasonable to consider.  At least you won't be driving 4 hours only to find out it can be treated medicinally.  Good luck and congratulations on maintaining 7 1/2 years.

The hardest things in life are neither good or bad, but just what you have to deal with.

Vivian Prouty
on 2/20/13 12:31 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Paul,

I was just thinking about you and your lovely wife the other day.   Glad to see your still around here.    Miss you guys !!!  Have a great day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Paul Hayes
on 2/20/13 11:38 am - Melissa, TX

Thank you Vivian.  Hope all is well with you and your family.

Paul

The hardest things in life are neither good or bad, but just what you have to deal with.

Vivian Prouty
on 2/20/13 12:35 am - Fort Worth, TX

Traci......I saw this last night and I was laying in bed and my phone wouldn't let me respond.   Sorry I didn't get up and go to the other room and get my laptop.    I'd definately go to my PCP and get checked out.   Do you still have your gallbladder?   If so that could be causing these issues.    Definately I wouldn't mess around and let this go.   You need to go really soon to get checked out.   Not a good thing if you're not keeping food down.   PLEASE don't delay in getting this checked out.   PLEASE !!!!   I will keep you in my prayers that you get some answers soon and that this issue gets resolved real fast.   PLEASE keep us posted.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

ValleyHo 310
on 2/20/13 12:40 am - TX

Thank you guys for you replies and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate it. I will let you know what i find out. T

POWERFUL WOMEN - Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, SATAN shudders & says "Oh SHIT..... She's Awake"!!!

SassySenior
on 2/23/13 4:14 pm - DALLAS, TX
Just want to toss in my 2 cents worth. The surgeon I have is considered the top surgeon in the Southwest. Many of his patients are referrals from other doctors who have problems their doctor can't fix.

His name is Dr. David Provost in Denton, TX. If it ever gets to the point where you need the best, call his office.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 41 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 115 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 426 views