Getting really depressed waiting

Baby Blues
on 9/8/03 1:03 pm - Roy, UT
At least once a day I feel so depressed waiting to see what is going to happen with my insurance. I feel kind of ticked off at RMAP for getting my hopes up. I tried to tell them that I was going to be denied and they kept assuring me "Oh no, don't worry, we get approval all the time from them." It's been 3 weeks since I received my letter of denial from them and it still hurts just as much today as it did the day I found out. I don't know how much longer I can wait to see if I should appeal an written exclusion or try again when DH's job gets new insurance. Sometimes Mexico seems like an idea. RMAP wants $2000 from me with insurance approval. What is $5000 more? I emailed Walter Lindstrom and he was so quick to email me back for some info but hasn't emailed me at all since getting the info he requested. I think I would be ok if I knew I was heading in some sort of positive direction but this stand still is making me emotionally drained and I don't know how much longer I can hold on. I'm suppose to go to BSCI support group on Wednesday night at Davis Hospital but the thought of facing all those post ops makes me want to cry.
Denise W.
on 9/11/03 6:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Go to the meeting Tamara, I assure you there will be someone there who went through something similar and can give you the empathy and maybe some advice on how to handle it all. The most frustrating part of having surgery, is just getting the approvals needed. All will work out, just hang in there - one day at a time, deep breaths when frustrated and remember, there's lots of us that can relate! good luck! Denise
Most Active