Insurance Issues

Angela B.
on 10/17/03 6:18 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi everyone! I have IHC Care Plus insurance and they will not pay for the surgery so I am looking at other options. I have been at home with my daughter and she just started full-time preschool so I have a lot more time. I have decided that it might be a good idea to find a job with a company which I know offers insurance that pays for the surgery. I would love to hear where any of you work so that I have some ideas of where to start looking. Feel free to email me if you do not want to post that info. I would really appreciate any help! Thanks, Angela
TashaBeach
on 10/18/03 2:56 pm - Holladay, UT
Angela~ Insurance is always a good thing, but Dr. Alldredge and Dr. Hansen are starting to perform the Lap Band at the South Valley Surgical Center by Alta View Hospital. The surgery will be around $5000 less ($12,000, I think) If you are wanting the surgery quick that would be your best option...otherwise, I would probably find a job that paid for the surgery. Good Luck!
Virgogirl825
on 10/23/03 3:10 pm - Ogden, UT
Angela, Marriott downtown has UHC & EVERYONE there has had gastric-bypass!! I can give you the address to apply...they are always hiring. email me @ [email protected] put Marriott in the subject line (so I know to open & NOT delete) -Brandy Waiting for approval
Alisha R.
on 10/28/03 9:42 am - Park City, UT
Does anyone have information about individual plans, I have looked at some sites and they exclude for WLS but my argument is that if I am paying for it I should have the coverage, and if they cover it for other people under group plans why not cover it for individual plans. Wondering if anyone has had WLS with selfpay insurance plans Alisha [email protected]
Heather_294
on 7/6/14 1:27 pm

So did you find any insurance carrier to cover your surgery? For self pay?

Most Active