I am in deep Mourning!!!

BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 12:54 pm - MD
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
TashaBeach
on 12/5/03 7:59 am - Holladay, UT
I hear you sister! I lost my best friend on Aug. 11, 2003 when I was "banded". My best friend was chocolate...sniff sniff! She was always there for me when I needed her... or nearby at the store. I have been reintroduced to my friend and see her in very small amounts... not daily anymore, but I'll get by. It was sad when I realized that my whole way of thinking revolved around food... having friends or family over, sitting in front of the TV, planning a party... it all involved food! Thanksgiving was a little different for me this year! I focused on my family and not on allllll the food! Good Luck with your journey! Tasha
Most Active