Started today... and other thoughts (long)

A10sFrau
on 12/17/05 9:26 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Been watching Fittv and chastising myself for having not started some regular exercise--keyword REGULAR. I kept teling myself I would use the treadmill, but I get so bored. I have it in front of the tv (on the other side of the room) and still don't enjoy it. So, after scoping out Fittvfor the last 4 mornings, I started today. I like that they have different shows on one after another. I did 10 minutes of "I want Buns" (even though I don't), 10 minutes with Gilad in Hawaii, 10 minutes with "I Want That Body". Body Scultping is next and then the one I am waiting for, "All Star Work Outs". All Star has a different person and different type of exercise each time. Yesterday it was Belly Dancing and I learned how to roll my stomach up and down ! I am ready for Yoga to come on. I work up a good sweat each time. I especially enjoy the VARIETY!! A tip from the show that goes into folks' homes and creates individualized diet and exercise programs---You can use canned food in place of weights. This was their suggestion to the mom they were working with yesterday. This morning I had out the BIG cans of Hanover green beans One thing I have discovered is that my thigh muscles, ALL of them, as out of shape. Nothing much phases my calves, but I feel the burn in the thigh muscles after only a few minutes of exercise. Also, lest I think I doing so much better because i can lift my feet to my knees, I CANNOT do oblique exercises fully because of my fat gut in the way! Gives me quite a big target to shoot for Anything is better than nothing AND I am off for the holidays until Jan 2. No reason not to work out a lot and build some endurance. I also want to get off the last 2 pounds for a total fo 20 before my surgery. My pre-op is Jan. 3 so I am hoping to be in better shape for that. It is the day after I go back to work and THEN surgery will follow in weeks Also, on a completely diff topic--started IMing a man who lives WAY beyond Melissa and have been enjoying that thoroughly. ADULT conversation with someone my age *****members Captain Kangaroo well! (My daughter can't understand why that is important and has no idea who Kangaroo is except what I have told her.) While I love and appreciate my colleagues at work we ALWAYS end up talking about students or the school system. I need a break from that. It is one reason I STOPPED playing tennis and started riding motorcycle again. Think I will transfer this to my profile which I wish someone would prettify. I know it has been over a MONTH and I AM being patient. It's like this--after working in my system for 15 years, coaching AND becoming department head, I finally went to the principal and asked for a master key and was given one. I should have had one years ago since I am a coach, but NOOOO. Digression: [I had been turned down every time before that, and only learned why at the end of last school year. I didn't realize that the former principal had a problem with me, until he remarked that "we" had come a long way and had worked out a lot of problems. I (CAPITAL I) hadn't worked on anything!! That revelation explained MUCH about how I had been treated while that man was both asst prin and principal. I like the new guy.] Anyway, this fall I told the NEW principal that it would make me feel like I finally belong (I am from NoVa originally, and there is an 'us' and 'them' mentality here). He gave me that key. And, I belong. --All that to say, I will feel like I belong here when I have HAD my surgery and when my profile has been beautified. PS--I feel more comfortable on this board. I am lost on the Main Board and the Singles Board often goes beyond my comfort level. I do visit there some, but am much happier here with the 'home girls and boys'. . Thanks so much to you all. Back to Body Sculpting with Gilad Lois
MrsTonyaBrown
on 12/17/05 9:33 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Lois, You're always welcome here and you know it. I also feel pretty comfortable here. Congrats on the workouts. I do interval training three days a week and my thighs are the same way. I do Denise Austin's Daily Workout. And although I'm only 31 yrs old, I remember Capt Kangaroo. I loved him! And that carrot stealing rabbit with glasses. Been a long time since I saw him though. I cried the day they announced that he had died. I don't IM much as I don't get much computer time with a toddler, but if you ever want to talk, email me and I'll gladly chat some adult time with ya. No talking about kids, no school chat, just regular stuff. As for motorcycles, I don't ride them, never have, but I love to watch American Chopper. Sr just cracks me up! Hugs, Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/05 9:43 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Lois .. Good for you ... Exersise is fun .. or it can be . For me .. I dance .. everyday .. it is almost aerobic . And for my thighs .. walking is best .. And keep the Hanovers .. they are a good weight for lifting . I started using them .. and went out and bought me some weights .. Have fun while you are off .. Hugs . Nat
TammyNVA
on 12/18/05 9:01 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Lois, Lots of topics here on post!! I loved the Captain, Mr. Greenjeans, and the Town Clown... ping pong balls... and the Schwinn Bikes they were always advertising! I think I know what you are feeling with the boss thing. I have suffered in my career with bosses that discriminated against me because they never got to know ME... Never had any hard proof, but I could always feel it. Where do you find Fit TV? I have comcast cable. I belong to a gym and pay $89 per month for my family to attend, and we NEVER go! Just as soon as I go to cancel, one of us decides to go a few times, so I keep it. I am the ANTI-EXERCISER... but I know I have to do it. I can't really do any "work out routines" right now because of my shoulder (see profile,) but as I was waking up today I made a commitment to myself that I'm going out the front door and walking the neighborhood today! Ok, now the other part... I read a lot of postings but only comment on a few because I have limited typing ability (shoulder again) but I've noticed you OFTEN post. That is SOOOOO encouraging!! I'm almost 3 weeks out from surgery, and by the time you have yours we'll only be about 6 weeks different. Also, I have a daughter around your daughter's age that can act up, very similarly to yours. It was like deja vu reading your post on her! Good luck with the work outs and Happy Holidays!!! Tammy 15 down, 141 to go
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 885 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2211 views