i'm not sure why...

elizabeth b-c
on 12/17/05 10:36 pm - Charlottesville, VA
I even bother to write here. Last week, I posted that I have reached the century club, and got two responses. Somebody else posted that this weekend and got many more. I don't think I'll be posting anymore. I thought people actually cared, but I think I was wrong. I wish you all peace and success, and wish that you had wanted that for me, too. Farewell, elizabeth
rhondan
on 12/17/05 10:52 pm - strasburg, VA
hey girl , congrats ! it is an important part of your journey and you should be proud and shout it to the top of your lungs! I rarely get on the board any more but i wish you would realize that many times posts get past by as they move so fast on several different topices and many boards around here , i have two windows open flipping between boards as i sit here reading and i am sure i haven't read all the posts out there. don't let it get you down but post it again on the main board , more people seem to stay on there , well they used to when i was on line so much . but congrats on the century club , i remember the pride i felt when i got there and now i look back and still can't believe it has been so long since i have been here giving support and reading, need to get back to it more and help the newbies like i used to . continued success on your journey ! sending you out a big hug to make you day brighter and congrats!!!!!!!!!!hug!
shoutjoy
on 12/17/05 11:26 pm - Culpeper, VA
I really feel for you. It is a great milestone. However, with me, I don't live by people's responses on this board. This is a place to share and well, if I get a response back, cool, but I don't rate this board on how many responses I get. People are busy, have lives, and I have to understand that. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us. Huuugzzz
cappymoon
on 12/18/05 1:15 am - Northern, VA
Hi Elizabeth, Go if you must, but it is the time of year people are out and about doing different things for the holiday season. I know I have not responded to alot of posts, but I have read them ALL. Time is not on my side and this next week is going to be nothing short of CRAZY. So, I guess if you can understand that, come on back and post some more. Some days are better than others on the boards, and sometimes it needs to be chalked up as such..... I usually dont respond to these posts that say I am leaving, but I kinda like you and hope you stick around Congratulations on your successes and here is to you having many more Hugs, Dianna
kizie23
on 12/18/05 5:01 am - blacksburg, VA
Elizabeth, Hone I am sorry that you feel that way. I always try to post responses. I have gotten so much feed back from this board. Sometimes when I have posted early in the day, I too get no responses. This board can get really full really fast. CONGRATS on making the century club. But, please dont let the fact you did not get responses discourage you from posting. You may have something to share that someone may want to ask about and for some reason not do it. Or, you input may really help someone out. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/05 6:42 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Elizabeth , Like Dianna said .. this is a busy time of year .. where you past over for a reason .. No .. not being harsh here .. but so many people are out and about .. they did not pass you over on purpose .. I know 90 % of these people here .. they are the most loving .. caring bunch you will ever want to have n your friendship circle .. Trust me .. if you had posted this when times are slow .. and not the holiday season .. your page would have been full . You have done AWESOME .. and congrats are in orde for you .. Know inside your heart that your journey is succesfull .. and that these people here do love and support you .. but do not base one responce for another .. it is just that .. a busy time of year . If you go .. know that you are leaving the best site - geared towards support .. love and community . Always, Natalie
ResolvedVA
on 1/8/06 3:02 am - Bluemont, VA
Elizabeth- I am so sorry that I did not congratulate you when you made your "Century Club" announcement and that you felt slighted. That was a major accomplishment and worthy of praise Please forgive me and the others who truly are caring but were caught up in the rush of the holiday season. I still haven't posted my pictures and my profile sorely needs updating! My lack of response and I am certain that others lack of response was not intentional but I am sure that it hurt all the same. My only excuse is that my surgery was at the end of October and I just started back to work in December and then had all the holiday mess to deal with. I missed so many VA board posts that I haven't even tried to go back. I only realized what had happened when I saw the stink with Cappymoon/Diana and was trying to figure out what happened. I read and post primarily to the DS website mainly because that was my type of surgery and I can better advise pre-ops and newbies based on my own experiences and I do like to help where I can. I have been reading and posting sporadically on the VA board for lack of time. Possibly I should withdraw from the board if I do not have the time to offer proper encouragement to my fellow posters? I will have to think about this. I don't want to unintentionally hurt someone again. Also, regarding Diana's NSAID post, I know she was trying to help but I think she was way off base to jump to all those conclusions (she must have been reading multiple posts or something, who knows?) and I don't think that she handled her apology very well either but we are both human and subject to error. I was also very suprised by Natalie's response too. I guess that I just wanted you to know that at least I care about you too! Consider yourself hugged, Taylor
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 885 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2211 views