Good Morning All

shoutjoy
on 12/19/05 7:32 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all my wonderful internet friends! Today I sit here in my la-z-boy chair all warm and in the mood to talk. This holiday season is bittersweet for me. I am off work on disability, no paycheck, for an indefinite period of time. I am fighting the usual battle with Woker's Comp in the meantime. But, there are always wonderful positive things about this as well. First of all, I have all of you. I have the time to work on my writing, get more involved in my church, and catch up on things that always get put on the sidelines. Not worrying about how things will work out is part of the fight. I would love to start a mild exercise program. I don't know how much I can do, but I don't want to gain weight. I have a prime opportunity to set some good goals for myself. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for letting me air my feelings. huuugzzzzz Paula
Andrea N.
on 12/19/05 8:31 pm - Ashland, VA
Good Morning Paula I just wanted to say Hi. I don't know if you have ever gone to Curves and I'm not plugging them because I know some ladies cannot stand them but I know for somebody who has to take it easy and still wants to exercise (and not hurt like the devil afterwards) Curves is a good place. I wish I could help you on the Worker's Comp front. It sux when you have to fight for something you need. E-mail me anytime if you just wanna chat. Hugs, Andrea
shoutjoy
on 12/19/05 9:21 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi Andrea Some day I will check out Curves. I have learned over time that you have to go with the intentions of joining when visiting a club. They usually have specials for that "one day only". So, I have purposely avoided going to a gym until I have money. When I do join, I will enjoy it, I know and thanks for the suggestion. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/05 8:42 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Paula, I always love the way you are looking to do exercise! You are such a champ!! I remember you wanted an exercise partner and I only wish that I was more active and lived closer to you. I'm sorry about the disability factor, and hopefully you will get workman's comp figured out and it won't be for long. Sometimes these things can be a blessing because as you said you have more time to do some of the other things and maybe really reflect on the season. Take care of yourself Paula, I look forward to some day meeting you! donna
shoutjoy
on 12/19/05 9:31 pm - Culpeper, VA
We haven't met? Hmmmm, I thought we had already. We live so close together. Do you know where South Run is? I have a cousin that lives there. I live in Fair Lakes. Are you coming to the dinner Thursday night at Joe's? Love to see you. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/05 11:59 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Paula, well I don't think we've met? I do know where South Run is but I live more in the Fountainhead park area. I don't think I will be able to make the Thursday night dinner but really wanted to cause I wanted to get together with you all. Anyway, have you ever been to the Panera meeting? I go to that one, and I haven't really met all the ladies there. donna
shoutjoy
on 12/20/05 12:41 am - Culpeper, VA
Yes I try to go every month to the Panera meeting. Sure, I have missed a few. Probably that was when you went? This is so funny! Paula
A10sFrau
on 12/20/05 2:29 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Paula, I don't know the nature of your disability. Just started exercising myself with Fittv. It has a large variety of programs to choose from. In searching for one of the instructors DVDs I came upon all sorts of fitness dvds on Amazon.com. There were some for pregnant women, larger women, folks who need low impact because of arthritis. I am not a joiner and the thoughts of going to a gym are unpleasant. I am going to Walmart this afternoon to see if I can find anything similar to what I have found useful on tv. Look at some of the low impact tapes and then select out the routines you can do. Beginning yoga is only stretching and very low impact. Good luck, Lois
shoutjoy
on 12/20/05 2:33 am - Culpeper, VA
OH! I forgot all about that! I think I will check it out. Thanks Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 895 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2216 views