Update

prissy25
on 12/20/05 4:57 am - Barboursville, VA
Hi to all and Merry Christmas and thank you all for your prayers and emails. Well last Thurs. as you know I went to see Dr Schirmer and he slapped me up in the hospital for dehydrations and malnutrition. Boy what a surprise lol I had only been telling them I was unable to hold food down for 4 weeks or more. Well he said the 76 pounds I lost was great but to fast to soon. So now Im with a feeding tube got home late Sat. night I have to feed 4 times a day with this stuff called promote very high in protein. Believe me its a pain but its to save me my hair and to get my levels back on track. Everything was out of whack. Let me just say Dr Schirmer is a wonderful Dr he has been there and very concerned about me and has helped me in every way. But you know on Friday night they came to get me at 12 midnight for surgery isnt that crazy. Dr Schirmer had to WAIT for a operating room which I feel is rediculous a man with his abilities and as long as he has been there at UVA he should have the 1st debs on whatever he needs. He had surgery all day Friday and a dinner party and then was called back in for me @ midnight, I thank him for all he has did, and If he is your DR or will be take the time to thank him and Anna Miller, Mary, Jane Dicks there all wonderful and have been great support. And to those still waiting and or trying for the surgery DONT GIVE UP!!!!! Fight for your life this surgery despite my problems are so worth having. God Bless all and Happy Holidays to everyone. Thanks for the prayers and hopefully after the first of the year I will be straightend out and wont need all this other stuff. But Dr Schirmer said he didnt want me loosing my hair.
DeniseinVA
on 12/20/05 7:11 am - Midlothian, VA
Melinda, I am soooo glad that everything is working out for you now. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor which is soooo important. Happy holidays to you. Hugs Denise
A10sFrau
on 12/20/05 7:25 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Melinda, Glad to hear you are home and recuperating and getting some nutrition. I am sure you are feeling somewhat better already. Have a restful holiday! Lois
cpatters
on 12/20/05 8:28 am - Rockingham County, VA
Mellinda, What an ordeal! I know you are in good hands with Dr. Schirmer. He is great. I am so happy that he will be doing my surgery. I will be praying for you. Keep us posted. CMP
Ms Court
on 12/20/05 8:40 am - Remington, VA
Melinda, glad to hear things are looking up. Glad Dr. Schirmer was able to jump right in with a solution. Keep up the good work. Courtney
*~Tigger~ *
on 12/20/05 11:39 am - Staunton, VA
Melinda, Glad you're home and doing well! Feel better and Merry Christmas! JoAnn
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/20/05 2:42 pm - Danville, VA
Awww, Sweetie....I am so sorry I didn;t know you were so sick. Hope things are much better for you now. Please let me know how you are doing. Why did you need surgery???? Hugs Betsy
rhondan
on 12/20/05 6:36 pm - strasburg, VA
hey girl glad you are doing better, now stay on track . this sometimes is a hard road but sure worth it in the long run. hang in there and follow those doc's orders to the max. keep us posted on your progress .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 885 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2211 views