kammcdonald
on 12/27/05 10:21 pm - Norfolk, VA
What type of protein bars are post-ops eating? Thanks. *Kam*
Kathleen L.
on 12/28/05 1:29 am - Arlington, VA
I was wondering the same thing.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 1:40 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kam .. I love the Power Crunch Bars . You can get these at the Vitamin shop and there are some sites here on OH that sale them . If I had to describe the taste .. if you ever had a little Debbie Peanut Butter bar - this is what they taste like . Enjoy ! Nat
A10sFrau
on 12/28/05 6:49 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Ditto on the Power Crunch-- I like French Vanilla. They are like sugary wafer cookies, only BETTER because they are 14 g protein and NO sugar. I need to get some more Nectar from bariatriceating.com so i think I will try a mixed box or two this time. Lois
Kathy & Rich
on 12/28/05 7:25 am - Fairfax, VA
Power Crunch Bars! I've avoided bars because so many have sugar alcohols and that doesn't always agree with me but these don't have that - they have splenda and have whey protein so they are very good for ya! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 8:34 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Kam - I have to agree - the Power Crunch bars are pretty good, especially right out of the freezer! If you make a stop at your local Vitamin shoppe, you can at least try one or two flavors before deciding if it's worth buying in bulk online (which in the long run will save you money). Also, other bars that Ive tried over time (and liked) are Dexatrim ALL IN ONE bars and the Zone Perfect bars - these can be bought at virtually any grocery store and/or Walmart, Target, K-mart - etc. Dexatrim All in One Bars: http://www.chattem.com/whatsnew/all-in-one.asp They come in 3 flavors, Lemon Crsip, Chocolate Toffee and White Chocolate Rasberry -- my favorite was the Lemon. Below is additional info from the site link I attached. . Nutritious Diet and Energy Bar with Green Tea 180 Calories ? 22 Vitamins & Minerals ? High Protein ? Good Source of Calcium, Iron & Folic Acid ? Dexatrim All in One? is a nutritious, delicious deit and energy bar all in one. It is designed to help support your weight loss program -- with all-natural green tea and by helping you control fat, calorie, and simple carb intake. Dexatrim All in One is the perfect complement to a healthy diet and exercise program. Each bar has only 1g of Net Carbs and 1g of Sugar. Another one I liked is Zone Perfect Bars: http://www.netrition.com/zone_perfect_bars_page.html They have a gazillion and one flavors, too many to mention - I liked just about all of them with the exception of the yogurt covered bars. That being said? Many love those as well. Now, at 3 years post op, I rarely if ever eat a protein bar - I think I pretty much just burned out on ALL of 'em. I do supplemant with protein shakes, 2 a day, primarily because I'm a DISTAL RNY and my malabsorb issues are at a higher risk. Good luck with the samplin' and testin' stages! - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 885 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2211 views