Having the surgery before your wedding

lagee
on 3/23/11 5:56 am - FL
Well I've been doing my 6 months supervised diet per my insurance Cigna and my man pop the question. So the date is set for August 2011 and my surgery date is April 15 2011.
Has anyone on here had the surgery before their wedding? If so please give me some advise on when I should get my dress since I will be losing weight at a different rate. My surgery is 18 weeks before my wedding.
Help!
KrisJ77
on 3/23/11 6:19 am - TX

Just wanted to say Congratulations!!!  Not sure how to answer your question though. I am 7 weeks out and have lost 35 pounds.  We have a cruise in November and I'm curious what size I will be in.....Kris

lagee
on 3/23/11 6:41 am - FL
Thanks Kris........ Not only am I thinking about everything before the surgery, but thinking about this wedding is driving me nuts.......... Lagee
Brenda L.
on 3/23/11 6:40 am - Raleigh, NC
Everyone loses the weight at a different rate. There is really no way to tell how much you will lose or what size you will be wearing.
Congratulations on getting your VSG and your upcoming wedding.
  Brendini                                                              
Cusscusscutie
on 3/23/11 6:42 am, edited 3/23/11 6:45 am - MA
Someone at my meeting is going to have the same issue and she said that David's Bridal will exchange an unaltered dress free of charge if you change two or more sizes. Congratulations btw
Jenni Z.
on 3/23/11 6:43 am - CA
 I have not had the surgery yet but I got married last year and I really wish I would have had the surgery before my wedding! My wedding was perfect but I think it would have been even better if I had lost some of my weight beforehand...

Best wishes!
mareacuda
on 3/23/11 6:46 am - Las Vegas, NV
 OOH ME! :-) 

My surgery was February 9th and my wedding is October 1st, 2011. I have 6 months until my wedding. My "plan" is to go try dresses on in May, and actually order it in July/August. I will most likely order down a size, and the designer I chose has internal and external corsets in most of her dresses, so there is room to adjust down if needed :-) 

I would recommend you do the same. Most designers offer a rush order, or you could get lucky and find a place that stocks the dresses and you could buy off the rack. 

Congratulations! 

xo
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MacMadame
on 3/23/11 6:51 am - Northern, CA
I lost 70 lb for my wedding. When I went to buy my dress, the store had a firm policy that they wouldn't order a dress for a size that I wasn't. They had too many people say they were going to lose weight and then didn't lose enough to fit into the dress. They can always cut material out but they can't add more than a smidgeon.

When my dress came, It was a size 16 and I was a size 12. So they basically remade it over me and I had a somewhat custom dress for the price of a stock dress plus alterations. I was very happy with how it all turned out.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Valsdetermined2lose
on 3/23/11 8:50 am
Hi,im getting married in Sept 2011 and i had surgery in January, i havent bought my dess yet but so far im down 2 whole dress sizes and since it takes about 12 weeks to recieve my dress i will order a size smaller than i will be when i order it. You can always have then taken in depending on the style of the dress. Good luck and Congrats to you
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

njmom5870
on 3/23/11 9:54 am
I would only buy from a place with some sort of guarantee.  With that being said...you are going to look FABULOUS for your wedding.  Its going to be a great year for you.  Congrats
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views