Anyone in Charlotte, NC or surrounding

Mer82
on 3/25/11 12:09 pm - SC
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Carolina's Weight Management and Wellness Centerl specifically Dr. Gersin...

lharris7569
on 3/25/11 12:44 pm - NC

I'm with Carolinas weight management my dr is stephandis he's real nice and seems to care abt his patients.

wakeforestgirl
on 3/25/11 1:27 pm
I'm from Winston-Salem!  I had my surgery at WFUBMC!
Carolinamamaof3
on 3/25/11 2:38 pm
RNY on 02/20/13
I'm in the Upstate Carolina area but it only takes me about 40 mins to Charlotte :) Sorry idk anything about the dr or center you're going to as I am trying to get my journey going with Bariatric Solutions in Greenville, Sc with Dr.Bour and Dr.Scott... Good luck on your journey :)
smbergie200
on 3/25/11 4:36 pm - Naples, FL

Yes I am 3 months into the 6 months needed for insurance approval. Dr Gersin will be my Surgeon. Carolina's Weight Management and Wellness Center has been A positive experience for me. Dr Gersin seem nice, I met him breifly for the initial consultation.  I feel like I an in good hands. How long do you have to wait before you get the surgery?

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Mer82
on 3/27/11 3:43 am - SC
 I'm lucky, my insurance doesn't require a medical weight loss program prior to surgeryl just a years worth of documented weights. I started the process several weeks ago and I am hoping to have surgery in mid June!  

I love CWM but only met with Dr. Gersin briefly, he seems quiet. Haha. When are you hoping t have surgery?

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 3/27/11 10:45 pm
I techinially live in South Carolina (Lake Wylie) but I see Dr. Voellinger at South East Bariatric
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Mer82
on 3/28/11 12:17 am - SC
I have heard of Dr. Vollinger but I don't know much about him, I live in Rock Hill but work for Carolinas Healthcare which is how I ended up at CWM, but I love it there. I see you have your surgery date, congrats! Keep us updated!

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 3/28/11 2:16 am
that is my hope date. My last pcp visit is 4/5 and then they will be sending my info to the insurance. I am trying to be postive on everything and just meet all of my requirements. I may very well not have my sugery till May but I want to be on the road already. It feels like it takes forever
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Mer82
on 3/28/11 8:55 am - SC
 I know what you mean. I really wish there was some sort of fast track. I've spent my whole life being overweight and I am so ready to start over! I still have several visits left but I am hoping that mid June will be my time. I will be praying for you to have the strength and patience needed for this process. I know I need some prayers!  LOL 

If you ever want to talk, just shout! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views