Scales!!!!

heardb
on 3/28/11 2:37 am - GA
Does your scale at home read one thing, but your doctor's scale says something different?
Man that happens all the time. Every time I go to the doctor by their scale I'm 10 or 15lbs heaveir than what my scale says. I even put new batteries in my scale, and it still doesn't read the same as the doctors scale. I bought my scale from Living XL for 79.99, has this happen to anyone else? 
KrisJ77
on 3/28/11 2:42 am - TX
Yep!! I hate the Dr's scale!!  I weigh at home in the morning with no clothes on....at the Dr - it's later in the day with clothes on....but still!!  It doesn't seem right!  I am going with MY scale!! 

faylavi
on 3/28/11 2:48 am - Laurel, MD
I almost stripped in the Dr's office to make a point...not kidding

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

FaithForward
on 3/28/11 3:53 am - Houston, TX
:)  Girl, me too!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

SpyCbyN8re
on 3/28/11 2:48 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Yep yep.  It's a solid 5lbs heavier at my dr's office vs. my scale at home.  IRRITATING!!! 

Ginger
Nancy M.
on 3/28/11 2:48 am
LOL.....I'm sorry don't mean to laugh but YES it happened to me all the time at first.  I was thinking I had lost a ton of weight and when I got to the surgeon's office it said something totally different (and of course it was more).  I had a surgery date and everything was cancelled cause his scale said I gained weight.  I had to return home and immediately went down to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a new scale (The Biggest Loser Scale) and when i got it home i didn't even have to set it to read the same as the surgeons office because it was totally in sync with the doctors.  I managed to lose 22 lbs. and was approved and had my surgery on March 17th.  Good Luck!

heardb
on 3/28/11 8:13 am - GA
Laughter is GOOD!
sunny10
on 3/28/11 2:49 am

I weight myself in the mornings with no clothes on.  When I go to the doctor I am dressed with my  jewelry on.  My appointment is always in the afternoon.     You weight more in the afternoons.   I always weight about 5 to 6 pounds more at the doctor's.  Although I take off my shoes, my jewelry and anything else that I can take off.....

Sunny10    
VirginiaMom
on 3/28/11 2:51 am
VSG on 02/22/11 with
Asolutely.  My surgeon's scale always has me about 7 to 10lbs heavier than my scale.  My primary care doctor's scale is usually a few pounds lighter.  If your scale is consistent, just trust it and make sure you weigh first thing in the morning before you eat or shower.

HW: 294, SW: 280, CW: 210, GW: 150 (Height: 5'7")
"There is really no insurmountable barrier save your own inherent weakness of purpose." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 
SassyItalian
on 3/28/11 2:54 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
You will read differently on every scale so dont be worried.

Focus on tracking your weight using YOUR home scale, weigh in the same place in the house, at roughly the same time when you do weigh, in the morning after you pee. Weighing later in the day will be in accurate due to food/water/sodium intake.

I hate the docs scale! LOL

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 431 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views