I am so disappointed!!!

SassyItalian
on 4/1/11 12:17 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I am disappointed at all the companies that make diet drink products. They all fail! Everyone involved should be 86'd.  I cant even stomach most of them. If you are going to spend millions to develop a drink for the market dont you think you could come up with something that is not craptastic? Fuze slenderize.sucks. Vitamin water. sucks. special k protein water. sucks. and the list grows by the minute.
And heaven forbid anyone but a pre-made iced tea in a mini-mart or supermarket that isnt sweetened or diet...umm ever heard of unsweetened? some of us still drink that! *****s.

I am also salty (mad) at plus sized women's clothing companies. F* you for rarely making anything that didnt resemble a tent. I may have been fat but I wasnt dowdy! Thanks for the crappy selection. So glad I am just about done with dealing with that mess forever! If I did my job as crappy as them I wouldnt have a job.

thats my rant, thanks for listening.
sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

cabcab
on 4/1/11 12:32 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I never have liked any diet drinks.  I can't tolerate the artificial sweetener taste at all, especially the aftertaste.  Yuck!  The only thing I like is Vitamin Water, the regular kind, not the zero calorie version.  Every once I buy one of those and just take a sip occasionally for a change of taste.

I prefer un-sweetened tea as well.  But a few years back when I stopped drinking Pepsi and soft drinks I started to drink unsweetened tea a lot.  Over a 6 or month period I had 3 bladder infections, after never having one in my life!  The only thing I could think of that I was doing differently was the tea.  So I stopped drinking it and haven't had a bladder infection since.  So, now I am scared to death of any kind of tea.

Rant away, that's what we're here for!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Elaine2
on 4/1/11 12:36 pm - Atlanta, GA
Wow Sassy,
I thought you were going to have some fun while you "disappeared" for a few hours. 
Hope your rant made you feel better.

I certainly agree with you about the plus sized clothing and, unfortunately, I still have a long way to go until I'm out of there!! But I'm so tired of years of sparkles, sequins and beads that they shove on practically every garment.     If I wanted all that glitter I would have purchased a BEDAZZLER!!! 

You're on your way to great shopping in the future!

jackie W.
on 4/1/11 12:49 pm - schenectady, ny
you go sassy!!!!!!!!

Jenijeni
on 4/1/11 12:49 pm
LOL! You're absolutely right about ALL of it! I tolerate Peach and grape Propel Zero and LifeWater Yumberry Pomegranate, but that's about it! As for plus size clothes... They make it all as if we're all one shape... The shape of a tent. Oh, AND the whole sparkly glittery kitten faces on t-shirts instead of Led Zep or the Beatles. I may be 48 and overweight, but dammit, I'm still ROCKIN'!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/1/11 1:02 pm
LOVE grape Propel Zero... I hope I still do after I'm sleeved!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

thisbe777
on 4/1/11 12:59 pm
i'm with you on the diet drink stuff...... all artificial sweeteners have a nasty aftertaste...  i like my coffee and tea unsweetened...

women's clothing designers and manufacturers?  they are total douches....  30 years ago i went to the mall with the intention of buying a strapless bra...  but when i tried to find one in a D cup, they all looked at me like i was a freakin' mutant:

her: "oh, we don't carry strapless bras in THAT size!"
me: "what? do i have 3 boobs or something?"
her:  "but we have them in A and B cups"
me: "honey, if i wore an A or B cup i wouldn't need to wear the damn thing!!"

they didn't know what hit 'em....   i hate that they decided that someone decided that just because you are larger than a certain size, you no longer have any taste or fashion sense....   bassurds...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

gonersmom
on 4/1/11 1:11 pm
Amen Sistuh on the ranting of the plus sized clothing stores. They must think that our heads are as large as our butts because all the necklines are huge! My boobs are big enough that people can tell that already, they don't need to see them falling out of my shirt everytime I bend over (which as a CNA I do that alot).

And the sparkles as someone else mentioned. For goodness sake, I already make an impression when I walk into a room, why the heck do you think I want to bring more attention to myself by glittering, and sequining every darn thing. Oh, yeah...and lets not forget those 'flattering' prints they make the plus sized clothing out of. Some of it wasn't in style back in the 70's, and it surely isn't something in style now 40+ years later!

Thanks for starting this rant Sassy...I needed to get that off my chest!!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 1:31 pm - Castle Rock, CO
*LIKE* lol
I've the True Lemon packets to be quite nice in water, they're not so artificial tasting as the crystal lite & others. They hv lemon, orange & raspberry lemonade flavors.. altho after a while I don't care for the tartness, then I do a grape or fruitpunch flavor crystal lite to get the tarty flavor out.

Plain water is just not going down well (to the point of making me wanna puke)! I used to Love water preop.. Totally Weird!

Not that you will need plus size again, but for those that still hv a ways to go.. The 'woman within' website has some pretty decent selections in clothing, I actually needed to get some bras that fit better (old ones are falling off my shoulders.. NSV? lol), AND they got some adorable sandal selections too in varying sizes, worth a browse

sending good vibes...
Karen M.
on 4/1/11 1:34 pm - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
I could not have said it better about the plus size clothing. It's been a huge gripe of mine for a long time.

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views