Frisco-Lunch

frisco
on 4/3/11 9:52 am, edited 4/3/11 10:05 am

frisco's VSG friendly lunch !

Shredded Roasted Chicken over Panko Crusted Eggplant and Broccoli Florets.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelby F.
on 4/3/11 10:02 am, edited 4/3/11 10:03 am - Minot, ND
Looks yummy... How do you cook your egg plant? I had it a long time ago when I went out to eat and it was really good, but I haven't figured out how to cook it myself!

Also, what is that sauce you have on it?? I'm a condiment freak and LOVE trying new stuff!!

Oh.. and please tell me you don't make your plate pretty like that every time you eat!! I almost took a pic of the stirfry I made tonight, but it very pretty looking!!!

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

frisco
on 4/3/11 10:54 am

Don't even get the impression that I can cook.....I do meat pretty well on the grill and I used to do pretty good with pasta.......

And no I don't pretty up my food all the time....in fact almost never. The bachelor life is paper plates and plastic utensils to keep dish washing to a minimum!

I post these every so often just to show eating after VSG doesn't have to be boring....in fact I think my eating is less boring because I do strive for quality over quantity now. But.... I still eat a tuna fish outta the can, frozen meatballs, Lean Cuisine on occasion.

OK...Eggplant.....I always liked eggplant......dipped in evoo, salt and pepper on the grill is awesome.

So here is what I do for the Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs commonly used for Tempura and other Fried/baked foods.

1- Slice eggplant pretty thin.....like 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. If to thick the crust will be done before the eggplant cooks and you don't want undercooked eggplant.... at least I don't like it.

2- I use Smart Balance Oil.....In a skillet......coat the pan with oil.....med heat should be fine.

3- I coat a slice of eggplant in Eggbeaters.........Than coat with Panko....than place in hot oil....you want a mild sizzle. Brown/crisp till you desire than flip...... lower heat and cook a couple minutes more.

You will notice the eggplant really soaks up the oil.....Just go for one good side and don't be temped to add more oil for the flip side.

It is pretty quick and easy. I don't season.....I just going for the crunch/texture and natural flavor of the eggplant..... and sauce while eating.

My favorite sauce for this eggplant is mayo and chili oil. On this plate is mayo and pizza sauce....was thinking Italian.

Notes: I am in maintenance and still maintain a lower carb diet.....but more than the common WL programs.

Panko is a bread and is a carb....but in this use it is a very low carb count.

And you may notice this dish the way I made it has fat. You could bake it with less fats.

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelby F.
on 4/3/11 1:59 pm - Minot, ND
 hmmm I may have to try this... possible tweak it.. 

How much panko do you use?? I was just looking at the nutritional content and 1/2 C as approx 24 g of carbs, but I'm thinking I wouldn't need to use that much... 

My guidelines for carbs is less than 15g per meal/snack... So I think I could tweak things to fit it into my plan. Need to switch things up once and awhile!! 

Thanks again for info Frisco!!!! 

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

frisco
on 4/3/11 4:11 pm

Yah know.... on those two pieces.....I don't think more than a couple of spoon fulls actually sticks to the eggplant.

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 10:02 am - Canada
OMG! That looks DELISH! I'm still on straight fluids yet. I can eat that some day? Post the recipe please! I love your food post their great! ~Cheryl
Brenda L.
on 4/3/11 10:02 am - Raleigh, NC
This looks yummy!
  Brendini                                                              
Libralin
on 4/3/11 10:05 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Eggplant freak here..Please tell me how you made it?

Drea408
on 4/3/11 10:13 am - CA
mmmm that looks bomb!

Jennchap
on 4/3/11 10:29 am - CA
 Thanks for the invite… Jerk!
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question