It is so freeing not to have to LIE or feel shamed anymore!

SassyItalian
on 4/4/11 8:40 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

Several times in the last few weeks I have been asked my weight by  medical professionals.     

It is almost automatic for me to blurt out '240 pounds'...then I think to myself...wait, you're 187 pounds, silly. Each time it dawns on me how much I have lost, that I FINALLY am under 200 pounds for the first time in so many years...and I dont have to subtract 10 pounds because I am ashamed to say my weight out loud...I proudly tell them my true weight and smile to myself, enjoying every minute of being this weight! I don't feel that shame for a minute or two after the question, wondering how I got to 240 or 250..

This VSG has lifted a weight off my shoulders. Approximately 62 pounds of weight!!
Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 8:46 am - Canada
Congrats! What a wonderful feeling! You have every right to feel proud. I can hardly wait until I'm there too. It's been a lot of years since I've been in the 100's. Enjoy your journey! Thanks for sharing, it's these posts that gives us the strength and encouragement to carry on...You go girl!
Drea408
on 4/4/11 8:59 am - CA
I can not wait to tell people my weight and not feel embarressed.
That will be a first for me ever.

Crabadams72
on 4/4/11 9:23 am - Silver Spring, MD
You have all these amazing moments of discovery! I even lied to my own damn self about how fat I was. I would tell myself that I wasn't THAT fat. Yeah right 240 is fat on 5'5 small frame. I had to see myself in digital images before it was a reality.
Mishyme
on 4/4/11 9:45 am
You made me smile, I love to hear success stories.

Way to go, keep up the good work.

Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
aintstoppin
on 4/4/11 9:51 am - NH
 Love your new profile pic, Sassy.  Did you go to Hawaii yet?  

SassyItalian
on 4/4/11 10:27 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Thanks for all the responses. I cannot wait to be a fulkl-fledged success story, losing the weight and keeping it off.

Aintstoppin- Hawaii is on the 13th I am so excited and thank you!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 11:12 am - Castle Rock, CO
Congrats to you.. something to be really proud of for sure! Can't wait till i'm there myself 
annie_mo
on 4/4/11 12:07 pm - Sullivan, MO
Experienced that same thing just today!! Gotta love it.

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
91Annie15
on 4/4/11 1:14 pm - CA
 I really enjoy your posts.  You have this wonderful way of telling your experience which is just captivating.  It is also so satisfying that you can be so honest and I know those feelings - I understand you; you (someone, anyone!!) understand me.  I'm so grateful to people like you who are willing to share your journeys with me!
-AA   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views