PoPcOrN

amytang81
on 4/4/11 1:30 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
Is it ok to have 1/2 cup of popcorn per week? I realize that it has some carbs but has anyone ever experience any problems with it?

mylastchance
on 4/4/11 1:39 pm
I'll be interested in the answers on this one,  have been wondering that one too.  I am 10 months out and have been afraid to try it.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

.: Rana :.
on 4/4/11 1:46 pm - Near Grass Valley, CA
I haven't had trouble with popcorn since my first year post-VSG.  Just be careful about movie or microwave popcorn-- WAY too many calories and extra junk.  Stick to air-poped if possible.

~Rana

Jesus doesn't want me for a zombie, and He's given me free will so I can choose.  I've escaped this world's snare but I don't have to be square.  Oh yes, I have become a Christian but I still know how to groove!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juR8DoshsUk

Starting weight: 231; Goal weight: 140; Lowest weight: 117;
Current weight: 137 - 140

loolootoo
on 4/4/11 1:48 pm

i too would enjoy hearing from someone who has tried popcorn with the sleeve.

my surgeon doesn't do the carb limit....just focuses on protein first......so i could eat popcorn.

i just have not had the nerve to try it.   the hulls scare me.  all those sharp little hard pieces intimidate me!

mimikay
on 4/4/11 1:55 pm
I had it around 3 mos out. It filled me up quickly. Unfortunately, I can eat much more of it now. As long as you're totally healed, just eat it slowly. It unfortunately is a trigger food for me. I have to have it very rarely.
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
_rebecca
on 4/4/11 2:14 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I've eaten some and it is a total slider food.  I could eat way too much without feeling full.  Even though I measured it and limited myself to how much I ate, I don't want to go back to old habits.  I used to eat an entire bag of popcorn by myself.  I have decided to not eat it until I have reached my goal.  Just make sure you really do measure it out because it is easy to eat lots of it.
PBJ
on 4/4/11 10:29 pm
I love popcorn!  Although it is a slider food, I do have it as a treat!  I have no problem with it at all.  When I go to the movies, I do have it, non butter but I know it is still not good.  So when I do that, it is my meal and I up my water.  Still not good for us..but I just can't go to the movies without it! 
I am a popcorn addict!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op