Invisibility cloak coming off - a small NSV

therese50
on 4/6/11 7:07 am - Lansing, MI
If you've been obese, you understand immediately about being invisible.  People making comments as they walk by under their breath, not making eye contact with you.  Today a colleague that I see only every three months saw me at a meeting and smiled and said "Hey, you look great".  I thanked him, I acted cool like it was no big thing, but let me tell you it felt fantastic.  These are the small little things that make us realize that it is painful to be fat and invisible and it makes me more motivated to get to my goals.

thisbe777
on 4/6/11 7:54 am
nice, isn't it?   i know some folks tend to get a little resentful, like "you wouldn't talk to me before, and now you will? -- harumph!"....   i understand those feelings, but i'd much rather look at things in a positive way....

i like being noticed now...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Babynesh05
on 4/6/11 8:19 am - Germany
 Yes I agree I am getting way more positive feedback than I ever have.. it kills me people will comment at the end ..but you were always pretty.. yeah but they never commented like they do now..

even guys I went to school with are amazed with how I look now..

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

sublimate
on 4/6/11 9:05 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats that is awesome! I got called the "incredible shrinking woman" today so that was a nice NSV. I have been asked several times by people, "Are you losing weight?". In my head I'm thinking wow.. how much more do I have to lose before I don't get that question anymore.. where they are SURE that I've lost weight? I guess when you are really fat, and then you are just less fat, it's not as noticeable. Now when I don't get asked that question again, I'm calling NSV!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

wannabeprettyinpink
on 4/6/11 9:38 am - MN
LOL - I agree even the littlest compliments count!  I have started to wear clothes I havent worn in over 16 months.  I had a skirt and blouse and heels (woo hoo - I dont die in my heels anymore.)  ANyway my boss saw me and said wow, you look nice.

Instead of thinking - **** what do I normally look like, I went with the positive and said Thank You...

It's fun shopping in my closet, like having a whole new wardrobe..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views