For anyone gagging on water all day!

therese50
on 4/9/11 9:55 am - Lansing, MI
OK, this has been posted before, but it's such a common problem and I've had it since my surgery.  I feel like I can't get all my water in because it just hits my stomach with a thud.  Today, I tried Diet Snapple Raspberry Tea and OH MY GOD, I know I can get my fluids in now.  I honestly feel like this will help me turn a corner with getting in all my fluids.  Zero carbs, zero calories.  YUM.

sportsmom3
on 4/9/11 10:02 am - Battle Creek, MI
I know I had a hard time right after surgery...water just seemed nasty to me. I drank a lot of Propel Zero and that helped me get through. Now, I don't want the Propel very often because it tastes sweet to me.  I am going to try the Diet Snapple Raspberry Tea for a change up.  Thanks for the suggestion!!!  Congrats on finding something that works for you!!

HW 340; SW 304
skinnymeforever
on 4/9/11 10:06 am - AZ
Do the sugar alcohols bother you at all. I really have so much trouble with sugars and sugar alcohols. It really stinks because I'm tired of water too but anytime I pick something else, I start feeling kinda sick from the sugars. Ugh.  This is pretty hard. I'm thinking of gettting some juice (no sugar added) and watering it down to see if that works.

MediumSoon
on 4/9/11 10:07 am - TX
I drin****d tea all day every day. I can tolerate water now (finally) and drink some in the morning, and when I work out. I should probably drink more straigh****er... Glad you found a fluid that works for you!!

angela07
on 4/9/11 10:13 am
I myself haven't been able to drink water either. I've tried it cold & room temp and they both seem to bother me. I was drinking powerade zero and now that seems to make me want to gag. I will try diet snapple next and hopefully that will help.

Lionetta
on 4/9/11 11:12 am - AZ
I think water is a problem for a while for a lot of us, as it was for me, but I'm finally able to drink any water at any temperature and enjoy it again. That heavy on the tummy feeling is gone and the water tastes great again. Took 5 months to get there, but I did, and I'm delighted! I love love love plain water! I drank Koolaid sweetened with Splenda to get me over the hump, and varied my flavors so I didn't get bored. And I also changed my PPI and that seemed to make a difference. I use Prilosec now and no worries with anything.

Hang in there, it will happen one day and you'll be back in the water world again!

Hugs!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

hemlocksmiles65
on 4/9/11 12:16 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
 Although right now I'm gagging on anything and everything. SOBE Life Water 0-  Apple Pear, and YummyBerry Pamagranet are amaizing! made w/ Stevia (??spelling) zero cal, zero carbs. I buy them by the case. I almost, sadly, live for them, right now, although I love strai****er too....(cant chug it either) This comming from a gurl who used to drink a gallon of water a day. :-(   I guess in time, maybe. Good luck ~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views