A little shameless self promoting??

quintons_mommy200

on 4/10/11 3:58 pm
I want to hear your stories.. I want to know how tall you are, where you started, where you are now.. I know it's never a good idea to compare, but I want to see everyone else's successes!! Please feel free to include before and after pictures. This stuff is so inspiring to me!! 
yxirxo69
on 4/10/11 4:08 pm - Mira Loma, CA
You sound like you are doing pretty well.  How many weeks post-op are you and how much have you lost?
quintons_mommy200

on 4/10/11 4:13 pm
I am actually still pre op. I started out in January of 2009 weighing 343.6... I lost about a hundred pounds on my own, but have since found myself struggling and have put probably 30 or so back on. I am now working on having VSG and am on track to have my 6 month diet and all the hoops jumped through by summer..surgeons office is thinking I'll be in surgery by mid July. I'm very excited. Very  hopeful! 
diane S.
on 4/10/11 4:23 pm
read my oh blog page and those of others for great personal stories.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Jennchap
on 4/10/11 4:31 pm - CA
So lets see girl! My highest weight was 275 (while pregnant) worked my ass off to get down to 225. I walked 3 miles everyday and ate super clean and clean. I stalled out after about 3 months, went to the dr and she recommended the VSG. I was taken aback a little, hurt, offended and all that **** But with in 2 months from that appt. I had my VSG. I am 5'4 and a half, and was 229 on surgery day and was 187 this morning at about 10 weeks out. I am really really really hoping to hit 179 by my 3 months (the 27th) but its not looking good, I think Ill be more like 183. I have never stalled, but when I have 3 days with no loss I got back to shakes and water and that takes care of that every time so far. I would insert pics but the loser hubby is playing wow so I cant use his puter to post.
:)
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

johnbertak
on 4/10/11 9:44 pm - MD
I'm a bit different - first, I'm a male (not many of us here) and second, I'm 65.  I'm 6'1" and was still an active fat guy at 425 lbs., playing golf, doing yard work, etc.  But I also had diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and what wife calls "general grouchiness."  I'm not quite 5 mos. post op and all of those are gone - except wifey, she's still here.  Also gone is 112 lbs. (24 pre-op).
How did I do it?  Consistency and dedication - I began walking prior to surgery (about a mile) and gradually added distance and shortened the time allowed.  I now walk 3 miles in 60-62 min. in our hilly neighborhood - every, single day - no days off - ever.  Twice this week I did not walk the 3 miles- instead I walked 6+ miles with my clubs on the golf course.  I make sure that I get at least 500 calories of exercise "burn" daily.  Every day.
I eat 4 mini-meals daily @ 4 hours intervals.  I do not snack or graze (maybe a few almonds, but that's it).  I eat 1000-1200 calories per day. I make sure I get enough protein and I am now back to a near-normal diet, food-wise. 
Accountability:  I lied to myself (thru omission) regularly about how much I ate and drank.  No more.  I RECORD EVERY SINGLE BITE I EAT AND EVERY STEP OF EXERCISE I TAKE.  My computer has become my nutrition/fitness conscience. (I use Myfitnesspal.com)  I don't lie thru omission any more.
I feel wonderful - but I still weigh 311 lbs and I still have a fer piece to go.  I know I will get there - much sooner than I had imagined. 
SHARING THE JOURNEY:  People who love me care about my health - they loved me fat, they 've earned the right to be a part of my journey away from super-morbid-obesity.  I may not have opted for VSG without the wise counsel from a friend in my wife's church who was open about his impressive weight loss.  I share my journey with everyone I know - I left all the shame I had about obesity or WLS in the OR along with 85% of my stomach.  If I'm being honest with myself, and I am, then I needed to be totally honest with others.  B/C I have shared, a neighbor with raging diabetes is now scheduled for VSG in another month.  And all those who love me, especially wife, share in my victories and my pride of accomplishment.
Thanks for listenting - I wish you all the best as you begin your  own life-changing journey.
Pop-Pop

stephany48463
on 4/10/11 10:01 pm
This sounds like Fun! Here it goes. I was all set to have the Lap-Bandabout four years ago. Was almost through the whole process when my now almost 3 year old little surprise showed up. was already 308lbs when I got preggers. Did manage to lose some in the beginning of the pregnancy si I was 318 when I gave birth.  Unfortunately I alwasy gain wieght nursing so I peaked at 325ish ( thats when I quit getting on the scale. While I was preggers my mom learned about the sleeve and really wanted it but they weren't doing it around here so she got the band. Her experience made me certain that I wanted the sleeve. So I started my 6 month documentation. I went round and round with my surgeons insurance lady and my insurance company.
I am 5'7 lost 40lbs pre-op have lost 141 since. I will post some before and durings. My ticker says I only have 9 lbs to go but I plan on changing my goal once I reach it. I cant seem to  pull the rug and change it right now but I definelty want to keep going!

45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
Linda B.
on 4/10/11 10:49 pm
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!

dbltrbl
on 4/11/11 1:30 am - TX
Looking great!  Inspirational! 
High: 306 Goal: 160 Start: 305 Surgery: 295
Sleeved 1/10/11 (2 week pre-op diet resulted in 10 lb loss)

USAF Wife
on 4/10/11 11:49 pm
Started with the band in Oct 2008 at 270lbs, revised 8 months later to VSG at 263. Stand 5'2" Lost 115lbs in 6.5 months to get me to goal at 148lbs, continued to lose another 23ish pounds into maintenance where my body settled between 125-130lbs on any given day. I did drop down to 119lbs, but I felt that I was too small, and purposely gained up a couple pounds. Then my PCM told me he thought it would help to gain a couple more pounds for TTC purposes so I settled around 125-130lbs(on average) on any given day/week for the last year. I went from a size 22/24W to a size 2/4, 3-4XL tops/blouses to a XS-Small, and bra size 40/42D-DD to a tiny 32B.

Today, I'm 10weeks pregnant, thriving, and loving life. We were TTC for 14 months, and elated to be pregnant. I have zero food intolerances, and have been doing extremely well through the pregnancy thus far.

Life in general post-op is pretty spectacular. I found losing disgustingly easy, maintenance was tricky, but I did it my way, and couldn't be happier. To this date, I've gained 3lbs in the 10 weeks of pregnancy. They expect me to gain 30lbs, but honestly, I'm not sure it's possible. I guess we'll see how the next 30 weeks goes. I'm not worried about pregnancy weight. I know what it'll take to get back to my desired weight. Right now, I've bloated out of all my size 2s, 3s, and bumped up to some of 4s, and sundresses will be my wardrobe for summer, and of course leggings will keep me out of maternity clothes for awhile.

Then the infamous Side By Side

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views