Brave Veterans of VSG!!!

XJudyX
on 4/11/11 1:35 am - WA
There is some very serious misinformation being spewed about the VSG on the DS forum. Anyone brave enough to take them on?? I would but I think it should be done with testimonies, pics and information from those who have been there!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4370419/What-type-of-person-would-the-VSG-be-the-best-fit-for/
Kristy R.
on 4/11/11 1:43 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I don't feel that I am far out enough to contribute to that forum, but I read it.  What is with the snarky attitudes?  Why not give a simple, non-biased, informative reply?  I don't get it.  My surgeon doesn't recommend, and I believe will not even perform the DS at this point.  Based on their replies so far, it seems those people want to rely on their operation to do all the work for them and not contribute to life style changes that are positive for your health.  These surgeries are just a tool.  Puzzled by the non-supportive attitudes!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

XJudyX
on 4/11/11 1:52 am - WA
Don't be puzzled....they are so adament that the DS is the ONLY right surgery that they will out and out lie...it's crazy and they are really doing a very serious disservice to those who are great candidates for the VSG. It's a crying shame but there's nothing that can stop them but combat. If I were someone who already had the surgery....LET ME AT EM!! :)
USAF Wife
on 4/11/11 1:46 am, edited 4/11/11 1:52 am
It's the same **** they spew all the time, and regardless of how many success stories that are shared, we're all doomed to a life of diet and exercise, and inevitable weight gain and failure. Well, I could go in and share my story, but they'll just say "come back in 2-5 years and tell us how you're doing" so I don't plan on saying anything to them until that point then I can gloat that my half ass DS is still working, that I'm not dieting, not shoveling ****pots of vitamins/supplements, ungodly amounts of fats into my body, and still maintaining my loss.

They're a vicious and ungodly inhumane group of humans that refuse to accept that not everyone needs DS. They can't accept that people with more than 100lbs to lose, that people (like me NEVER work out)do not have to spend 3 hours a day in the gym, can and are very successful with VSG.

Let them roll around in it on their own. It's just the same surgery war, "I'm better than you" bull**** and I'd rather just not even bother with them.

Oh, edit to add: It's not a lack of bravery to post in their forum. It's the mindset that when you argue with idiots, they'll beat you with experience and drag you down to their level.

I don't bother.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

XJudyX
on 4/11/11 1:53 am - WA
They're a vicious and ungodly inhumane group of humans that refuse to accept that not everyone needs DS. They can't accept that people with more than 100lbs to lose, that people (like me NEVER work out)do not have to spend 3 hours a day in the gym, can and are very successful with VSG.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
BriarRose
on 4/11/11 1:50 am
I bounced over there and submitted a respectful and short response to perhaps address the question to the VSG board, as we often suggest to folks asking about other surgeries to go to that specific board also.

I wasn't even snarky. I was polite. I'm sure it will be met in kind. (ha ha ha ha ha ha)
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
XJudyX
on 4/11/11 1:55 am - WA
Way to go BriarRose....yeah....perhaps you will be treated as an honored guest on their forum!~!
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 2:42 am - Germantown, MD
 God, don't invite them here.

There's a reason that 95% of my block list is DSers.
mlssadwn
on 4/11/11 3:06 am - Red Bluff, CA
I also went over there and posted and man OH man was I met with rudeness I finally asked that no one highlight my posts and send snarky replies...im not here to engage in some WLS war. It does seem tho that they are super rude and VERY intolorant of anyones elses opinions or choices of surgeries :(
 Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

Kelby F.
on 4/11/11 1:59 am - Minot, ND
I feel it's just best to leave it alone. Nothing constructive ever comes out of fighting w/ the DSers.

If you don't like what their saying... DON'T READ IT. I too use to get fired up, but it's not worth the blood pressure spike to me anymore.

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views