Endoscopy Tomorrow

MELMEL308
on 4/12/11 3:57 am - PA
Ok, So tomorrow is my Endoscopy at 10:30 and I am a bit nervous.  I know it is just a scope but I am nervous...
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Marriott L.
on 4/12/11 4:01 am - San Diego, CA
no its not lol They make you drink 2 awful liquids slowly while they take pictures of your insides with an xray machine. The hardest part is staying upright so soon after surgery lol. Relax..no biggie
MELMEL308
on 4/12/11 4:07 am - PA
So, you don't go under? I thought it was a camera that goes down your throat while you are under anesthesia?
wert
on 4/12/11 4:11 am - MN
I was scoped last fall. Nothing to it. I couldn't eat the night before. That's all. They put me under with some kind of drug that causes amnesia - not exactly a sedative - so I woke right up. I did have to have someone drive me home, tho. They required it. Wouldn't even start until they actually saw my driver in person.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

wert
on 4/12/11 4:14 am - MN
It looks like Marriott and I had 2 different procedures done. Hers seems to have been done post-surgery. Mine was done before. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

MELMEL308
on 4/12/11 4:16 am - PA
yeah, my surgeon requires an endoscopy before surgery. I think its to see what they are working with..
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
jessica57
on 4/12/11 8:41 am
i'm having my pre op endoscopy done this Friday and am terrified.  Please let us know how it goes.  good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 4:40 am
 Mel I am having an endoscope done on the 18th, so please post or message me and let me know how it went. I am a little anxious myself. I've had a lot of tests done but never an endoscope. I just figure it can't be any worse than a barium enema!!!!! LOL That one sucked. 
pinkypromise93
on 4/12/11 4:43 am

I had one done about 2 weeks or so ago.....I was nervous as well, but there was nothing to it...nothing to eat or drink after midnight....got there and they did my IV then came and wheeled me into the room where they do procedure..gave me meds in IV...I went to sleep, and then woke up...throat was a little sore for about 2 days, but not too bad...I ate right after I left... ;-) it's over before  you know it!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 4:57 am
 Hearing this is such a relief!! Thank you so MUCH!!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views