okay -- 3 wk stall, but what about a 3 MONTH stall???

anninva
on 4/11/11 7:13 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi all,

i hit 3 mos yesterday which is definitely a milestone.  and i've lost 40 lbs, more than i ever have.  and yet, i'm frustrated.  i've been at the same weight for 2 weeks and i'm freaking out big-time!

has anyone else experienced this?  i'm so afraid it's not going to break or that i'm doing something wrong.  what if i stay at this horrible weight forever.  what if i've gone as far as i'm going to go?!?!?!??!  scared!!!!!

any ideas or other people who have experienced this -- i'm all ears!

thanks everyone.  i couldn't do it without you!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Elaine2
on 4/11/11 7:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey, it happens and is sooo frustrating.
I had a 10th month stall. Almost the entire month of March.
I increased calories (to 900), decreased them back to 700-800; increased exercise in the pool.
Then increased water from 64 to 80 oz.

Finally the scale moved 4/1 and the earth shook!!  Thought it might be April Fools but it was still a loss on 4/2.

So just hang in there. You've done great! Stick with your plan or just tweak it a little at a time to see if you can jump start your system.........just my opinion.

Mommy2Girls
on 4/11/11 7:49 am
Oh yeah, I stalled between month 3 and 4 and it sucked big time. I stalled for 22 days in the month of Feb. and so my net loss for the month was -2lbs. It was awful.

I survived and have gone on to lose -13lbs since then. You will survive too. Just know that stalls suck and keep doing everything you know is right. It will eventually break.

Hang in there!
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.

Babynesh05
on 4/11/11 7:59 am - Germany
 Yup im having a 4 month stall ive learned to deal with it.. 

I try different things, drink more water, drink gatorade, cut out something like tea.. eat more protein, ive added a few carbs then taken them away to shake up my body.. 

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

cattywompos
on 4/11/11 8:59 am
Stalls can happen at anytime. I was stalled at 5 months out and was starting to get really nervous because of that 6month, honey moon over mark. But I kept doing what I was doing and one day...3lbs down!  That was about all I lost in the whole month prior.  Now since then I have been on a steady down hill loss. I am not a big one to change up routines, but you could evaluate and see if there is anything more that you can do or change.  Hang in there, keep doing what works and you will lose soon!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

autumn41
on 4/11/11 9:14 am - Nipomo, CA
 So frustrating...but bet you are loosing inches!!! Best wishes!!!
twenty lbs. lost prior to VSG 5'6" highest weight 236 no longer diabetic                  
FreeJulie
on 4/11/11 9:21 am - WA
Hang in there - I only lost 7 pounds this month, but my clothing sizes changed DRAMATICALLY! I looked back at my blog, and on 2/22 I was SO EXCITED to have stuffed myself into size 18 jeans, and today I am wearing size 12!

The scale will cooperate, just keep workin it and your body will catch up. And I drive myself insane on a regular basis thinking "is this it?? is this it??" haha I think it comes with the territory. ;)
Julie, 5' 3", age 42. Starting weight: 263, Surgery weight: 255
Blogging at www.freejulie.blogspot.com        
RobinRN44
on 4/11/11 9:34 am - Becker, MN
VSG on 10/18/10 with
If it's any consolation, I lost a whopping 6lbs in my 5th month and nothing in my 6th month (i have 1 more week left).  Frustrating is an understatement.  Hang in there.  It will happen.  Just not as fast as we'de like it too.

HW/SW/CW/GW         232/220/170/140             

faylavi
on 4/11/11 9:51 am - Laurel, MD
I feel your pain.  My stall just broke last week.  I was besides myself.  Adjust your calories and water.  Stalls are terrible.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views