My multi vtaimin not working?

katesmommy
on 4/18/11 3:06 am
Just wondering if my multi vitamin is not working..Ive been taking Nature Made Multi with iron for 7 months and 1000 mg of biotin..Just bought the GNC hair, skin and nails with 3000 mg of biotin.
Question? Hair has been falling out for 4 months, some weeks are better than others, now my nails are getting dry and brittle, and snag on everything. Did that happen with any of you?
Should I switch to a different vitamin or keep doing what im doing , and all this shall pass?
Im 8 months out in 10 days, and 85 pounds down.
Babynesh05
on 4/18/11 8:11 pm - Germany
 I say just keep doing what your doing.. my surgeon even my new doctor says biotion may or may not help with hair loss so many people have great results with it everyone thinks it will work for them..  I have not taken biotion at all and my hair loss has slowed down I dont wa**** as often as I used to and I bru**** far less so there is not so much stress placed on the hair..  

have you tried a nail hardening nail polish? 

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 9:33 pm - Germantown, MD
 Biotin will do more to help your hair grow back in healthy than it will to stop the hairloss. The one thing that hasn't gotten worse is my nail (I'm guessing the biotin has helped that). I have really thin, brittle nails already but they've been a lot stronger even when I was still losing massive handfuls of hair. The hairloss has almost stopped and I have a lot of new growth. It's really noticeable when I pull my hair into a ponytail, LOL.
Carmelita
on 4/18/11 9:50 pm, edited 4/18/11 9:58 pm - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views