????Hunger pangs????

Jennifer M.
on 4/20/11 9:40 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Im only 7 days post op and not sure if I'm feeling hunger pangs or something else??? Kinda feels like hunger but not the same. Drinking a protien drink doesn't seem to help either. Any words of wisdom????

Thanks!
 ...a work in progress...    
evilelf
on 4/20/11 9:44 am
Sorry, no I'm 2 days behind you and hungry as well. Just a bite of anything sounds good. Everyone said this will pass. At least your 2 days in front of me, so I am jealous of you. We will get through this, i just keep thinking about the final results and how happy and healthy I will be. Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 10:18 am - CA
I've been having "hunger pangs" today a lot.  I'm not sure if it's gas, acid or actual hunger or a little of everything.  I hope it's not actual hunger, though!
Kadeelynne
on 4/20/11 10:45 am - Gillette, WY
I don't know about having hunger pains, but I am hungry ALL the time.  I see my kids eating cereal in the morning and I just want a bit. I smell fresh baked goods and I just want to eat it. They say you will lose the part in your stomach that makes you hungry, but I am thinking they for got to take it out! LOL

It gets better. I am 5 weeks out and I see want to eat the things I can't. I am eat mushy food now, but not much. I can't do an egg, it makes me sick. I only can do yogurt, soup and mash potatoes.

My husband just brought home Mickey D's for dinner. I think I am going to kill him because it smells SOOOOO good!!!! Looks like he's sleeping on the couch tonight!! LOL

~ Katie ~

_Nikki_
on 4/20/11 11:53 am
I have the same pains and it sucks !! Here's a couple of things that have helped. Broccoli cheese soup from Vons is super good !! Greek yogurt, I know we're supposed to be liquids, but I've read many other places that say this is ok. I add sugar free cheesecake pudding mix and cool whip. Jello sugar free mousse chocolate temptations. AMAZING !!! Going down pretty easy. Don't judge !! LOL !! Just some things that have helped me.
_Nikki_ 

walmartian
on 4/20/11 12:10 pm
For me, at that stage I wanted something besides protein shakes so bad I made soup using carrots, onions, ground venison, and a bunch of really tasty spices, and boiled, boiled, boiled until the 'food' part  probably had no nutrition left at all; I drained the stock and it was heavenly (after it cooled a bit I even added some unflavored protein powder). It made me happy for a few days! I think anything highly flavored or spicy helped me the most when I couldn't have real food. Now that I can have it, I don't even want it that bad!

BigCaliSmile
on 4/20/11 1:00 pm - La Puente, CA
I wonder if it has to do with the planet alignment (just kidding) I have been so hungry and wanting to deviate from the good foods list. Where I am staying they daily go on market runs and buy all sorts of snacks. I guess head Hunger may be Tastebuds Hunger? I guess protein is a good route to go a few spoons of yougart? Im going to have a sugar free popcicle
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
_Nikki_
on 4/20/11 1:53 pm
La Puente in the house !!! Sorry, couldn't resist !! I grew up in Azusa !!
_Nikki_ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views