liquid capacity HELP!

Curious1989
on 4/21/11 1:00 pm - Garden City, NY
hi everyone i did my surgery overseas the 12th of april, i can hold down a fair amount of liquid and its not hurting as much to drink as it goes down anymore i know its because its due to the healing. im drinking anywhere from 3 to 4 oz at a time, is it normal!!!! im weighed 360 the day of surgery (the 12th) tuesday the 19th i was down to 340.
sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 1:07 pm - Alhambra, CA
Liquids go down real easy, liquids are very important,  get in all you can. Work up to at least 64 ozs a day,   you won't really feel the restriction until you start eating soft foods.  Congratulations on your surgery   be very good to yourself,  walk, sip, rest and repeat :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

buxom_blossom
on 4/21/11 1:10 pm
VSG on 04/12/11 with
I'm just over a week post-op and was thinking the same thing. I've been amazed at how much (and how fast) I'm able to drink and I don't always take small sips either.

I hope I'm not harming myself by taking big sips, it doesn't hurt when I do it so I must be ok.

I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

gabriella12
on 4/21/11 2:28 pm
At a week post op I felt the same.  Now I am 3 weeks out and it is beginning to hurt a little when I drink thicker liquids so be careful. Tomorrow I start soft solids and I am excited to be able to feel restrictions.  Even drinking soups and stuff, I am no where close to what I used to be able to drink but I didn't feel that full, satisfying feeling that I felt before.  I would just stop drinking because I wasnt really hungry anymore and I knew I was only supposed to have certain calories. But tomorrow we shall see how much "real food" I am able to have. 
Curious1989
on 4/21/11 1:20 pm - Garden City, NY
i know i was starting to get scared but my surgeon told me it was completly fine, being that i got my vsg overseas im trying to figure how to get all my protiens in ive been getting in like 30g a day :( and my doctor had me drinking oj veryhigh in sugar and i tolarated it ok but im off that i dont need the sugar or calories. aside from that all is good and im so happy to be on the losers bench,
buxom_blossom
on 4/21/11 1:26 pm
VSG on 04/12/11 with
 I've been drinking a lot of lite Isopure to get my 60+ grams of protein in a day - it's been very helpful.

Have you flown home yet?  I had to travel to the US for my surgery since my BMI is too low to be considered in Canada and thought I was going to die traveling home.  It was awful, there were flight delays and I was pretty much sipping on my painkillers all day.  

Sounds like you're doing well so far!  WooHoo to losing 20ilbs! 
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

Curious1989
on 4/21/11 2:08 pm - Garden City, NY
yes i flew in this morning and the flight was a nightmare we were supposed to depart at 4:19am..and it was 6am and we were still on the plane seated at the gate. i must admitt it was the first time i felt pain and that tired feeling it was horrible. but i made it home and unpacked showered and got into bed by noon and slept for like 6hrs straight and feel amazing. Im lucky i got surgery and i had my mom, brother and his wife n 2 girls come along they vacationed while i recovred and im so thankful they were there.  and yes 20 pounds down since surgery im not on to say im proud of myself very often but i must say  I AM PROUND AND THANKFUL.
Curious1989
on 4/21/11 3:02 pm - Garden City, NY

by the way i am allowed to have soup eveything blended though, i get some meat in but i can have more than like an ounce without that extremly full feeling is it normal to be having soup so early on

slimminjacks
on 4/21/11 9:58 pm
I was able to drink perfectly right after surgery. Three days post op I was freaking out because I thought I could drink TOO much compared to other people.

I will say this.. I am 7 weeks post op and I feel like I could eat a lot more than other people at this stage. I feel like my stomach is bigger than others with VSG.. i'm learning to accept it now. of course I still have restriction just not as much as others.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views