4 1/2 months out...Hawaii..pics..GOAL!

RobH
on 4/22/11 2:09 am - WA
Good morning OH family!
One of my first goals when I had VSG back in December was to be as close as I could get to my goal weight before my vacation to Hawaii in April.  I realized during my journey that for me a goal weight is really just a number.  I think we like/need  to have a tangible number to see on our scales as a way to confirm all of our hard work. 

For me that number became less and less important.  What became more and more important was how I felt, how my cardio improved, how much stronger I became, how my hypertension improved, how the number of required meds decreased and how I happy I was with myself.  I left on 11 April for Kauai and had a wonderful vacation with family.  We were active everyday either hiking or working out in the mornings. 

I usually had a salad and ordered fresh fish or beef or chicken and split the entree with my wife.  The sleeve always did its job and I always felt very full and satisified.  If the 4 of us wanted a dessert, we shared ONE.  A few bites and I my sweet tooth was satisifed. 
Did I drink?  You betcha.  I had numerous mai tais and even a few pina coladas but never when I was eating.  Did I feel like an outcast or different from anyone else in our group.  Not at all.  Did I ever feel like I was deprived or saying no to something I wanted?  Not once. 

I came home and jumped on the scale.  Guess what?  Lost 2 and reached that 180 lb goal that has meant less and less.  In my mind, I was at goal even before I left.  I feel great.  I can run 10K without a problem. 

I am Happy.  That 's my goal. 

I am including a few pics because I always love looking at everyone elses befores and afters.
Thank you OH family.....I couldn't have done it without you!!

Before, Nov 2010

After, April 2011, Kauai

heathermc44
on 4/22/11 2:13 am - Bremerton, WA
 Wow, you look amazing!  Wish I could be in Hawaii right now!

KrisJ77
on 4/22/11 2:14 am - TX
Wow!! You look great!!!  I'm glad you had a good time!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 2:14 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Rob - you look AMAZING and so very FIT!  How wonderful for you!  Thanks for sharing the perspective on not feeling left out!  That's the great thing about this procedure.  And I'll be glad when I, too, can reap the bene's of feeling INCREDIBLE on a vacation (for a change!). 

Super Congrats!!!! 
SassyItalian
on 4/22/11 2:16 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Congrats! You look stellar! I hope you guys had a wonderful time.

I just posted the same thing yesterday about being 4 months out and my amazing trip to Kauai from which I just returned. What a magical place and the perfect setting to embrace activity and healthy eating! Between the canyon, hiking, swimming, etc it really puts the benefits of being fit into perspective.

Cheers to you and your progress.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

RobH
on 4/22/11 2:26 am - WA

Morning!
Our surgerys were about the same time so I have been following your posts for months and knew we were going to be in Kauai at the same time!  I was definitely keeping an eye out for you!!!  Loved your post yesterday, your pics and your kick ass attitude!!

Kristy R.
on 4/22/11 2:19 am - Santa Clara, CA
 So wonderful!  I love the pic of you jumping into the water, that just says it all!  I couldn't agree with you more, and I have put no timelines on myself for reaching goals.  Just feeling and looking better each day is more than I ever thought I could ask for.  Everything else is bonus.  Tearing up just thinking about how we get a second chance in life from this.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

mwall81
on 4/22/11 2:24 am - MI
 RobH - 

Congrats on meeting and exceeding your goals!!  You look GREAT!!  And I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time in Hawaii!!

All the best!!
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 2:27 am - Edmonton, Canada
Congrats, you look amazing !!!!
roodles
on 4/22/11 2:49 am

You rock!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views