Pre-Op starts tomorrow

missuscat
on 5/3/11 9:39 am
So..it's here... tomorrow I start my liquid pre-op diet...VSG on 17 May...looking forward to joining the many successful "losers" on the bench!!!  Kind of scary..yet exciting...  I haven't commented a lot, but I have been reading and researching and I am very grateful for the many people who comment so positively and regularly... Thank you!!  For your honesty and constant support.  This is a most wonderful group of people doing their best to support their peers.  Thank you!!  See you all on the losers bench soon.... Cat
Jennifer S.
on 5/3/11 10:55 am - CA
Congrats. I had my sleeve 5 days ago. So far so good. I can keep down V8, water, soup, yogurt and protien shakes with no prob. I have no pain and feel great. Just remember to sip slowly... very slowly. When I was in the hospital I thought it would take weeks to recover and now I am waiting to go back to work. The laundry is done, house is clean ect. I am bored. You will be fine. Good luck.
 Jennifer    
queen R.
on 5/3/11 11:02 am - enid, OK
So exciting!  I've waited so long and mine is May 24th.  We will be right about the same time.  Good luck and I'm haapy you are doing so well!

missuscat
on 5/3/11 12:03 pm

Jennifer:  I was wondering how long I would be off work.... the week of surgery plus one more is what I'm planning.... glad to hear you are doing so well...

Jeri:  We'll be close to the same timelines...good luck to you as well!!!

Cat

On my way to becoming a WLS "Loser"!!     
MBOYZ2
on 5/3/11 1:11 pm - VA
VSG on 05/18/11 with
I  start  tomorrow  too..good luck to you ..
MY date is the 18.. I can't wait , feel the same way you do..so I guess it normal..

MELMEL308
on 5/3/11 1:53 pm - PA
My surgery is May 16th. I am going on Day 3 of my pre op diet...it getting easier, but the first day was tough! YOu will do fine!  Some suggestions:
I made a vanilla unjury protein shake blended with ice, and nonfat milk, and have added 1 single pack of wylers light Orange sunburst, ,mmm its so good... also, if you have protein shakes aleeady mixed like I use the atkins advantage, you can freeze the vanilla in an ice cube tray and then make rootbeer floats. okay, so not exactly rootbeer floats but anything to get passed the 2 weeks.. Good Luck!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views