GOOD idea !?!?!?!

GypsySoul86
on 5/4/11 4:18 am, edited 5/4/11 4:19 am
Ok so i havent been getting in all my calories or protien during the day for about a week! About (400-500 calories and 20-30 grams protien) I definatly notice it on the scale but more and most importantly i notice it in the way that i have been feeling. So when i was a Walmart today i bought SUPER ADVANCED WHEY PROTEIN POWER (Cookies and cream) Yes!! that calories are high BUT so is the protien and like i said i'm way lacking on both!! Has anyone else tried this? And do you think it was a good idea? I hope it was, but all and any suggestions wlecomed!!! xoxo Thanx

Mom4Jazz
on 5/4/11 5:21 am
Your calories seem pretty high for the amount of protein you're getting. I'm getting close to 70 grams (well over 60 every day, though I need to do a little better) and am only getting about 500 calories - and 100 of those are from my calcium supplements, the apple sauce I take my potassium in, and so on.

This has 270 calories for 52 grams of protein. This is a little high but not bad if you like it. Try to split this over two servings a day - it's tough for our body to handle 52 grams of protein.

If you added this, you would be at 670 to 770 calories a day and over 70 grams of protein, which would be huge. If you could back off a few of your less protein packed calories it might be even better.

If you like that flavor this is excellent. If not, try another flavor.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views