I have to have my Gallblader OUT!?!?!

GypsySoul86
on 5/9/11 10:55 pm
So i am like 9 weeks out of surgery and doing pretty well but ended up in the ER two nights ago. I had the worst pain in my right side that i have ever felt in my whole life. It was crazy. The ER didnt find anything (shocking) so i called the doctor in the morning and went for an ultrasound. Turns out i have gallstones and my gallbladder needs to be removed!! Not a direct result of surgery but has alot to do with the rapid weight loss.. Has anyone else had this issue?

tdjf_3
on 5/9/11 11:08 pm
Yes I have. I had to have my gallbladder out just this passed March. Just like you went to ER I thought I was having a heart attack but Thank God it was just my gallbladder. It is really no big deal I did it as outpatient and had no problems post op. You do have some of the dumping syndrome though just be prepared. No one told me that, I think it is pretty important info myself.

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
kalimamasmom
on 5/9/11 11:30 pm
My weight loss "mentor" ended up having hers out just a week later. I lost mine years ago, so I didn't have that worry.  I have read lots of info that typically the gall bladder ends up coming out as well.  I think they should just start taking it out at the same time!
You will feel much better!
Jen

rbow
on 5/10/11 1:03 am
 This is one of the reasons I love Dr. Jawad.  Part of my preop was an ultrasound which showed that I had the beginnings of gall stones already, and the rapid weight loss would pretty much insure they would develop.  He took my gall bladder out during the sleeve surgery, saving me having to go back and go through another surgery.  It is very, very common apparently to have this happen.
Carmelita
on 5/10/11 1:49 am - Four Corners, NM
thisbe777
on 5/10/11 2:01 am
i said goodbye to my GB in march -- the end of a 35 year battle with chronic problems...  up until now they could never find anything wrong with it, it just hurt..  but lose over 100 lbs and bingo - i got stones...  spent the day after christmas in the hospital....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

PBJ
on 5/10/11 3:13 am
Yes..at exactly 3 months post op I ended up in the ER with the worst pain in my right side.  (never had this before).  did a CT and an ultrasound...admitted me and the next am I had surgery again.  Never had the pain again.  It was easier surgery than the sleeve but I was more tired after for awhile and I think it was from having 2 surgeries so close together.  But I did get another 3 weeks off of work!  When are you having surgery?  Do it soon..I wouldn';t want to have that pain again..it was worse than the pain from having each of my 3 kids!  good luck,

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views