Pre-op liquid diet.....

dentalhygieny
on 5/14/11 3:50 am - MN
I should be hearing back from the insurance company for my approval next week and I would like to have some great ideas for my pre-op liquid diet...They say that I should only be on it for a week prior to surgery....Does anyone have any good, and maybe differentand flavorful ideas for the liquid faze of the diet, both pre and post op....I did see in some of the past posts about Crystal Light margarita and daiquiri flavors...I am just trying to make it as enjoyable as possible without getting burnt out on the same old drinks.

Thanks for any ideas you may have...
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Mom4Jazz
on 5/14/11 3:56 am
Oh Yeah protein drinks. Chocolate and banana. At GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. Unjury chicken protein - 8 oz of hot but not steaming water, a pack of sodium free bullion and a scoop of that. Or 8 oz of cream of chicken soup + a scoop of the Unjury chicken protein.

I also like GNC's brand strawberry lean shake. Strangely, it was the only strawberry I liked.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

dentalhygieny
on 5/14/11 10:53 am - MN
Thanks for the ideas....so is the Unjury Chicken protein taste pretty good...I went on their website and saw that you get about 17 serving per container....I will have to check out GNC for the shake mix....how many grams of protein are in that??? Thanks
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Mom4Jazz
on 5/14/11 10:56 am
The Oh Yeah's are ready to drink & have 32 grams in 14 oz. The Unjury (again, it's more flavorful if you add a pack of chicken bullion) has 21 grams in one scoop that makes 8 oz. The GNC drink has 25 grams.

All of them are pretty good.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

dentalhygieny
on 5/14/11 11:02 am - MN
With those drinks, I would have no problems getting in the 80 grams of protein that I need a day....Thanks and I will let you know how I do.....
- Arnold H. Glasgow

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 6:29 am
 oooooh crystal light and margarita flavors, any reason we couldnt blend that with ice and have a nice liquor free drink during our liquid phase??? HAHA

Tagging this post!  Ill be alll liquids soon enough
dentalhygieny
on 5/14/11 10:56 am - MN
Very true....it would be a nice refreshing drink since summer is on the way....Thanks.....
- Arnold H. Glasgow

redsnapper1975
on 5/14/11 11:53 am
I am just finishing day 6 of 10 on my liquids.  Today I was missing my coffee (I only like it really sweet and creamy) so I tried my drink powder in a tall non-fat (decaf) latte from sbux- it was a great change of pace!  I mix my powder with 8 oz milk so it was perfect.  :)

I haven't tried the chicken protein, but I have to say that plain old chicken broth has been a lifesaver.  I LOOOOOOVE sweets, but after a long day of chocolate shakes and sweet crystal lite, sf pops, and jello, that chicken broth actually tasted like dinner!
~ Kim

dentalhygieny
on 5/14/11 1:20 pm - MN
I am so like you when it comes to sweets.....Hence, why I am here..  I think that I will have that same problem with my coffee...I love to put creamer in my coffee so that it is more like cappuccino...What kind of protein powder are you using??? I am just using the Carnation Instant Breakfast in both the chocolate and the french vanilla to make my shakes....I just don't want to get bored of the liquid faze....or try not to....

I had placed pre op liquid diet in the search engine of this site and after looking through some of it, It seems to be endless as to what you can find, it gave me some good ideas....I like hearing what other people are doing....sometimes little changes are the things that make such a huge difference in what they taste like...

Thanks for replying....

- Arnold H. Glasgow

wert
on 5/14/11 4:45 pm - MN
If you like coffee, try Chike protein drinks. My favorite before and after surgery. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views