STRESS EATING HELP!!!!

amytang81
on 5/22/11 12:26 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
So I have finally noticed that when I get super stressed then I avoid certain things. The one thing that I have noticed is that I avoid is this website. I have also noticed that I eat SUPER BAD WITH STRESS. I know that the answer is to take the stress out of your life but when it is your career its hard. I bought some Bach Rescue Pastilles. They are sugarfree and you eat one when you have lots of tension, anxiety and or stress. I have been nervous about work tomorrow so I am using one now. It has a pleasent taste and it makes you take deeper breathes. I am praying this will be my answer for the next 12 months until I am able to change jobs.

What is your way of dealing with work stress? How do you avoid bad food choices while under increase stress?
 ~~~Amy~~~        
MediumSoon
on 5/22/11 12:31 pm - TX
Tell me more - what is a Bach Rescue Pstille? And where does one acquire such?

amytang81
on 5/22/11 12:36 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
Bach Rescue Pastilles is a natural stress relief. I got them at Whole Foods but you can get them from GNC. Here is the website http://bachrescuepastilles.com/.

I really think they help...I ate one just now takes about 5-7 mins to consume and you feel mellowed. I guess the big test will be tomorrow at work!
MediumSoon
on 5/22/11 12:43 pm - TX
Good luck! Work stress is hard - I completely understand. I wish I had advice. I am a boredom eater - so I'm trying like heck never to be bored! MUCH easier when you're down 65 lbs!! You can do it!

abejita
on 5/22/11 12:51 pm - dallas, TX
Hey, no job changing ;-)  but I'm just being selfish, LOL!

You have taken the first step in recognising that you eat in response to stress. Sometimes it takes awhile for us to come to that realization. Now you have to find a way to distract yourself when you want to eat. An easy thing to do while you are at work is drink water. You can also try yoga a couple days a week. I love Sunstone yoga, but it is hot yoga and I don't know if you would go for that. Walking is a great distraction too!

Good luck!

Mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
amytang81
on 5/22/11 1:42 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I know what you mean, I really LOVE my job love learning about the speciality that it is. BUT I am like seriously, I am not in high school and there are so many childish games going on. As long as I can block out the craziness of others then I will be fine. I am really thinking about yoga. Does it help calm your innerself down?

abejita
on 5/23/11 2:09 am - dallas, TX
Exercise has really been my salvation. I am a very bad stress eater too. Wellbutrin and prozac have made everything managable, but the exercise puts me over the top. The thing about yoga is that when you are in class, it totally takes over your mind and you do not thing about anything else.

Exercise has been the key to my weightloss and maintenance. Not because of the calorie burn, but because of the mental benefits. Anything really works, it helps to release all of that stuff that you keep bottled up. I cycle (a little obsessively) lift weights at my house 3 days a week. I usually walk the dog for about 45 min each day and a walk with my best friend once a week. I definitly feel the difference if a couple days pass without any kind of exercise.

You don't have to do anything terribly strenuous either...maybe try doing a couple laps around the office complex at lunch, you can walk and eat, LOL!

I love yoga. I like the challange and the stretching, I always feel crazy alive when I am done! Sunstone has a 10 day for 10 dollar deal, where you can go as much as you want during a 10 day period for 10 bucks, but again, the hot yoga isn't for everyone. Most of the yoga studios around here have some kind of trial period and most gyms have yoga classes if you are already a gym member.

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
Songcatcher
on 5/22/11 3:24 pm
Yeah, I so understand about stressful jobs and dysfunctional co-workers.  I worked as a Domestic Violence Advocate for 2 years and 911 and Police Communications/Warrants etc. for 10 years.  I semi retired in 2001 and have never been happier.  Sometimes you only have to make little changes to alleviate stress and sometimes you have to make life changing decisions.  But think of it this way, if you don't get stressed you won't get anxious and if you are not anxious you won't get depressed.  It seems that one always leads to the next untill you feel helpless.  Learning how to say no is another biggie.  Setting personal boundaries is another big help. Song

DrHollywood
on 5/22/11 7:20 pm - Harbor City, CA
I hope you get through your work stress.  
Can you call someone when you feel like eating off your times?
Also if your eating differently than usual, is there someone
you can check in with or support you when it comes to eating times>?
Just a thought....

thanks for the tip regarding Bach Rescue Pastilles

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views