The weight of the world is on MY shoulders

GypsySoul86
on 5/27/11 3:23 am
Ok so i had suregy 3/1 and everything has been going really well in regards to life after surgery  BUT the last few days have been stressful i have three girls, 1, 2, and 7, my husband is a truck driver and hurt his back last week and got fired.... Can't get unemployment because he had an out of stste job, and i feel like im left holding the bag.. I never can do anything for myself im always taking care of the kids or him or anyone and everyone else... I just dont know what to do but the stress has me crazy and eating everything in sight, and im 2lbs away from an 80lb loss.. I always believe in leaving things in god's hands but im affried his hands are to small for all the things going wrong in my life right now..

skatie
on 5/27/11 3:26 am - NJ
He can collect in the state that employed him.. have him go online or call the unemployment office in that state.  Don't let food take over.  You have come so far.  Prayers for you and your family that things will work out.
I have been in your situation and worse two years ago.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Just think stop eating and it will save you money and right now I am sure things are tight.  lol
Everyone needs to laugh a little.

wildfan
on 5/27/11 3:28 am
How do you get fired for getting hurt? did he get hurt on the job? If so that sounds like a lawsuit to me, unless he is self employed. If that's the case, I feel for you.
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 3:31 am, edited 5/27/11 3:31 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
This tiny handed God, is He the same one you believe spoke into the void and made something from nothing ? Who knows all of the stars by name, who knew you before you ever came to be?  That one?  :}

There are not any good words I have, except I am sorry.  LIke I told a friend recently, some day it will be better, but sometimes, today is just **** and you have to do what you have to do.

For me learning to just feel ****ty without being self destructive on top of it was a hard lesson, some days harder than others. 

*squeeze*  sorry girlie.
Sandy S.
on 5/27/11 3:43 am
I too have had a stressful few months- laid off, mother had a heart attach etc, too little money in the bank. . . and I have wanted to eat as comfort and I have eaten when I should not have, but my friend you know  the food is a shallow comfort- a false , momentary comfort.  Try to weather the storm without the extra food and forgive yourself if you just can't right now.  My prayers are with you.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
acbbrown
on 5/27/11 4:35 am - Granada Hills, CA
I thought it was on my shoulders :-/

I completely understand how you are feeling. I've had such a rough life, and every day, something else just goes wrong. I've been waiting and waiting for things to turn around, but it hasn't.

But, after everything that you've been through - there's one thing for sure - YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN, and you have strength that many people do not. It's not easy, but you will make it through. Let yourself cry/scream or laugh, just let yourself deal with your emotions. Eating will not make them go away - they will still be there along with a few extra pounds. I've had to learn that the hard way.

For me, I try to get out for a walk ALONE, or go hiking, or something outside, away from people, where I can collect my thoughts, and deal with whatever I need to deal with.

I hope things pick up for you, and you can start enjoying the healthy person you are becoming

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jeanne T.
on 5/27/11 4:40 am
I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad and overwhelmed, Brandi had it right though, we serve a God who is bigger than all our problems and bigger than all our fears. We'll all be praying for you.
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 5:32 am
If he is hurt and unable to work he should file for state disability, it is a temporary (up to one year) program go online and file.
disabled_nurse
on 5/27/11 1:54 pm - Bogalusa, LA
apply for food stamps......................or call local food banks or local churches that donate food to people, they will also direct you to emergency funding................ like paying your electricity bill for you. Later on when yall get back on your feet you can always donate your time for payment................... or donate food to help other people that need help. I know exactly how you feel, I was a nurse and weighed over 400 pounds, I fell at a patients house and tore both knees up......................... I was left in a wheelchair, no way to work, no money............................... so too proud to be put on foodstamps, so called food bank and got food to eat. Just get the phonebook out and start calling, the lord will open doors.............. will keep your family in my prayers.

GypsySoul86
on 5/28/11 1:22 am, edited 5/28/11 1:22 am
Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words!! I am going to turn my aggretion and stress out on a six mile walking path today!! Hopefully it will give me some piece of mind!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views