Pure Protein _crosspost

miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 3:26 am
has or does anybody drink the Pure Protein brand shakes? i bought a case of the Frosty Chocolate flavor. 35 g of protein in a can. i've never seen anyone post about it so jus wanted to make sure its a good one.

thanks.
ckb70
on 6/5/11 3:36 am - Morrisville, PA
Yuck about sums it up for me

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
babzmcgee
on 6/5/11 3:38 am
 haven't tried their shakes, but I like their protein bars.
OH Support Group Leader

Brenda L.
on 6/5/11 3:45 am - Raleigh, NC
I drink the vanilla ones and they are fine plus tasty....better than some other protein drinks.

Brenda
  Brendini                                                              
mylastchance
on 6/5/11 3:50 am

The protein bars are good but I haven't tried the shakes.........one thing I have figured out is....one protein shake might be good to one and awful for someone else........we all have different tastes and so if you find one that you like that is a good thing..........many find the premier protein from Costco to be pretty good..
Sorry not to be able to help you on that shake........hope it works out for you.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Ashley S.
on 6/5/11 4:10 am
VSG on 05/04/10 with
The Pure Protein ready to drink shakes are nasty to me, but I love the bars.  I haven't tried their powders.  For ready to drink ones I prefer Oh Yeah.  They're moe in calories but they're low in sugar and have 32 grams of protein, and to me they taste as close to chocolate milk as you can get.
-Ash

Heaviest Weight: 365, Surgery Weight: 327, Current Weight:  146.9
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/#!/AshLYMMJ

Caligirlgina
on 6/5/11 5:26 am - CA
I think it all depends on the person. I personally don't like the drinks but do like the protein bars also. I like some of the protein drinks that I see others not like. My favorite is the Premier Protein at Costco....soooo yummy and 30 protein. A friend of mine just told me about them.
Thanks
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

BigCaliSmile
on 6/5/11 5:49 am - La Puente, CA
I would buy those at the fresh and easy I dont think they tasted bad. Hope you enjoy them I think they have cookies and cream vanilla and chocolate.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
emelar
on 6/5/11 5:51 am - TX
Water, Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate,
Calcium Caseinate), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Natural
and Artificial Flavors (contains caramel color), Tricalcium
Phosphate, Cellulose Gel, Soybean Oil, Sucralose, Salt,
Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate,
Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan.

Protein source is essentially milk.  Nothing wrong with milk or calcium caseinate, except that they are slow digesting proteins and they probably move through your stomach faster than the protein can be absorbed.  So you wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the 35g of protein.  Whey and soy proteins are better absorbed - preferably whey or soy isolate. 

BUT, if you like it and don't depend on it 100% for your protein intake, go for it. 
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/5/11 6:17 am
I remember someone posting about the Peanut Butter Cup flavor being good, so I just ordered a case of it to try... let me know what you think of the Chocolate Frosty and I'll let you know how the PB Cup ones are

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views