Anyone GAIN 30+ pounds during 6 month nutritionist visits

smbergie200
on 6/4/11 9:32 am - Naples, FL
My insurance supposedly doesn't  Require any weight to be lost and gain only betters your case for approval. BCBS Illinois is my insurance and I contacted them multiple times regarding this.

I have 8 days until I submit my paperwork and feel like a complete and utter failure. My eyes kind of teared up today as I realized how bad I need this surgery because without it there is NO hope.

This surgery is so important to me that I rather be dead than live in this body for another 60 years. No I'm not suicidal, just being real with you.

Question 1) Am I the only loser on the planet who gained 30+ pounds during the 6 months nutritionist?

Question 2) Anyone have BCBS Illinois and get approved with the above weight gain?

Question 3) Did you feel the biggest, hopless, loser, fat sloppy, obese, out of control, person on the planet?

Thanks for your honesty Guys and Gals. 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

miamiman
on 6/4/11 9:45 am
It's not easy for anyone to lose ,thats all of our problems ...right !   I gained about 21 pounds over the last six mounths of nutritionist classes  and I have been approved . Keep your focus that one way or another your going to get threw it all . I know if you do this you as most of us will reach the goals that we must reach .You can be the person you really want to  be .
VSGbyACEVES
on 6/4/11 10:17 am, edited 6/3/11 10:19 pm - UT
No you are not a LOSER

Yes you may be out of control.

Wait until you get your sleeve and you are so much in control, you will notice alot of people on the forum complaining after the surgery because the sleeve requires you to understand self-control.

CONTROL is not easy.

I am doing a series of blog post --not on this general forum, so if you hit my picture, I think you can get over to my blog. You may want to follow my posts since I am working on self-esteem & VSG right now on my BLOG.

Best wishes and try this affirmation series:

I am LOVEABLE.

I am CAPABLE.

I am SIGNIFICANT.
LeeAnn5350
on 6/4/11 10:21 am - Patterson, NY
Question #1  You are not alone on this one...I too gained about 25lbs during the 6 month nutritionist visits.  I also had quit smoking in this time frame and was finally diagnosed as diabetic....both situations made me crave and inhale tons of sugary carby foods......So dont beat yourself up over this.  **** got real for me when I had approval and my date was set in stone.  My surgeon made it very clear he wasnt going to give me a life saving surgery if I wouldnt comply and follow protocol.  I did the 2 week liquid diet Hell, lost 12 lbs, and went in as scheduled.

Question #3  Without a doubt!!!!  I was so depressed and I had the "Fuck It' attitude for months!  I figured nothing would ever change and I might as well eat myself into a coma.....I had always kidded myself into believeing I was one of those "fit" fat people....I was never physically impaired because of my weight, never had a prob attracting members of the opposite sex, etc.....guess what? It all catches up eventually....I could no longer perform my job without major discomfort, I hadnt been laid in 2 yrs, and I cried myself to sleep EVERY night!  This surgery SAVED my life!  Since 2/3/11 I have lost almost 100lbs, and have reversed most of the ill effects of my obesity, I am getting hit on ALL the time even though I cam still a plus sized gal, I FEEL fantastic!  I have at least one non scale victory a day...today I was able to get on and ride my horse without someone having to Anchor my fat ass on the other side of the saddle.

My adivce to you would be have one last pity party, hurrah, food funeral and get it all out of your system.  Get damn serious about this LIFE SAVING procedure, do whatever it takes.  Get Mad!  Anger is a wonderful motivator for me.  I wish you all the best along your journey :)  Keep coming here and reading success stories, EVERY NIGHT!  It got me through all the doubt, all the worries, etc.....

cindibarre
on 6/4/11 10:42 am - Danforth, ME
SMBergie-

Don't beat yourself up so much.  I would say that the weight gain shows the insurance company that you are metabollically resistent to weight loss and really need this surgery.  As you see by some of the responses weight gain doesn't appear to be a deal stopper.

This whole process is emotional for everyone.  The day I had my pysch evaluation I went home in tears and slept for two days.  There are days that I feel excited and there are days that I feel hopeless, etc.  We're going to have good days and bad days.  Hang in there, you're almost to the place where good days will outweigh (no pun intended) the bad!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Backinstride
on 6/4/11 1:13 pm
I had some serious medical conditions that needed immediate resolve. I never dealt with the insurance company. The surgeon put me on a low fat diet for a month during that time I was getting the required test. I went back a month later and my surgery was scheduled my surgeon did make me do the 2 week liquid diet before surgery. I heard bcbs Illinois just changed some rules I have it. Hang in there and be strong. This is your life and it is worth fighting for. Have faith things will work out.

byebyeburden
on 6/6/11 12:25 am
I gained ten pounds during those six months...it just stressed me out.  I would drink a large latte on the way to the appointment and then stop and get another one and a scone after!  I couldn't stop myself. 

good luck,
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question