One Year Surgiversary - with pics

snowbaby
on 6/7/11 5:18 am - Durango, CO
Today is my anniversary and I am down 81 lbs. I thought I'd be down at least 100 lbs by now so I am not exactly jumping for joy but I am at the very least grateful to be where I am now vs. where I was a year ago. I almost didn't even post this because I felt a little like I've failed - but then thought there are lots of others who are slow losers like me who can relate. Sometimes it's hard to see others who had surgery around the same time who have lost so much more. I had a really long stall around my 7th month and have just started to lose again so its really good to know that I am still progressing. I no longer feel so discouraged. I don't know for sure that I'll get to goal - but if I don't I will be happy with where I am now. The important thing is that I'm off all BP and diabetes meds. My blood sugar levels are completely normal. I used to wake up with a glucose reading in the low 200's - now its in the 90-110 range! Before my VSG my primary care physician was a little leery - he didn't know much about the sleeve. Now he tells other patients about it and has even had people who are interested call me to learn more.

I am amazed that a year has gone by already - for those of you just beginning to investigate or are on the fence - go for it - you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll lose the weight and how awesome you'll feel!  After my husband saw how well I did he decided to have WLS too - he was sleeved a little over a week ago and is already down 31 lbs! I asked him last night if he was feeling at all remorseful and he very emphatically said 'No...no regrets whatsoever!".  I feel the same way...no regrets at all!!! 

Before:

After:

Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

MrsHelm1012
on 6/7/11 5:22 am - Washingtonville, PA
Try not to be disappointed because you look FANTASTIC!!! Good job!

snowbaby
on 6/7/11 10:23 am - Durango, CO
Thank you!
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Dawnie 88
on 6/7/11 5:25 am
Well I say Congrat's on your one year!!  Yay for your husband changing his life also.  And you are NOT a failure..you look fantastic..and I'm sure you feel 100% better.  Getting off your med's..that's wonderful!!  Keep smiling, because you look beautiful..and have done just awesome!

snowbaby
on 6/7/11 10:25 am - Durango, CO
Thank you! You are so sweet! We have alot to smile about these days!
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

byebyeburden
on 6/7/11 5:35 am
Thank you for posting, it IS hard to read how others are losing so quickly and you feel like you are always in a stall or just not losing fast....but each pound off is better than I was 7 months ago...or for you a year ago....I can only hope we will continue to lose and reach our goals even if it isn't in 6 months like some people do.

~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

snowbaby
on 6/7/11 10:33 am - Durango, CO
Thanks Emily! It is hard to read how others are doing and I hate to say it but sometimes I just can't bring myself to open posts of those who I know are doing way better than me. I am happy for them but don't want the reminder that I'm a slow loser. It just brings me down.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Mom4Jazz
on 6/7/11 5:36 am
Wow! Congratulations. I'm glad to hear you're losing again, since you want to take off more, but you look absolutely fabulous right now.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

snowbaby
on 6/7/11 10:34 am - Durango, CO
Thank you so much!
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 6/7/11 5:44 am - New Orleans
Congratulations!  81 lbs. is not a failure!  Taking control if your health is never a failure.  Happy to hear that you have no regrets.  Keep it up.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 358 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views