I am SO close!!!

Danielle K.
on 6/8/11 3:19 am - Evart, MI
 Well this morning I got on the scale and was 227.4.  That puts at -60lbs in my journey.  I am 7.4lbs away from my weight before my hip surgeries.  To me, this was my pivotal weight.  I would go up and down but never above 220.  And I look at my hip surgeries as the "thing" that screwed up my life.  It didn't really screw it up but it set me back a lot.  I gained 74lbs, had to completely change my job and was just not happy.  And physically I am a lot worse for wear now than I was then.  

Anyway, I think it'****ting me how much this "number" is meaning to me.  Yes I have my end goal in sight and I'm focusing on it.  But 220 was what I was before I was unhappy.  I am so completely stoked to be almost to that weight again.  And then I'll only be 45lbs from my all time adult low.  It's all very surreal for me.  

My surgeon thinks I should hit goal by 10 months post op.  I have a hard time wrapping my head around that but I'm still working my @ss off to get there!  I can't imagine a life at 115lbs.  I haven't weighed that since I was 10!  

Just had to share how happy I am today!
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

Dawnie 88
on 6/8/11 3:30 am

looks like you are doing great!!   I had the same surgeon as you..Dr. Foote. 

onehappygirl
on 6/8/11 4:39 pm
Wow--you are really going for a low goal weight--good for you! I am doing the same thing, trying to go from 290 down to 120. We will see, we will see. I am 4 months, 3 weeks out and have lost 70. I am 220 and cannot wait to hit onederland. I can taste it, I want it so bad. I so wanted it before my 6 month appointment, now do not know if I am going to make it--doubtful, actually. There somehow seems to be a black hole on here. It seems like we hear from people when they have lost 40, 50, 70 pounds and are like 3-6 months out. Then nothing. We do not hear from them again until they are 1 year out and have lost 100, 120, 150 pounds. I feel like I am falling into that black hole and that I will never be one of those people than can claim 150 pounds at one year. I know I am just too impatient and I stall frequently too. Wow--what a mind game this is! The important thing is feeling good again. And that is not something that can be measured on the stinkin scale! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views