constant belching and shooting pain

crystal W.
on 6/9/11 9:39 am - east liverpool, OH

is that normal?  I've heard a lot about the shoulder pain but this is sharp, shooting pain, rumbling and belching.  I got to watch the swallow test and the doctor said if there was a leak we would have seen the contrast splash out.  I'm just feeling very nervous right now.

bursonc
on 6/9/11 9:52 am, edited 6/8/11 9:53 pm
use a heating pad and gas X strips
Hope you feel better soon.
What are you drinking right now?
Did they do your revision lapriscopically?
crystal W.
on 6/9/11 10:17 am - east liverpool, OH
today i've had water, crystal lite, a sf popsicle and decaf tea.  plus taking sips of water every so often.  walking around the house a few times between naps, too.  i'm supposed to start full liqiuds tomorrow.  i just dont remember any gas after the lap band surgery.  i hope after getting something more substantial tomorrow the gas wont be as bad.
bursonc
on 6/9/11 10:37 am

I think the gax X strips will help some. Make sure you are not taking in too much liquid at one time.  I know all doctors are different.  I was told 1 ounce of liquid every 30 minutes.  I actually use a teaspoon and just do a sip every so often and get in my amount slowly over the 30 minutes.  I've used shaved ice a lot.  I have been on clear liquids for a week.  Tomorrow I get to add full liquids.  Then I have to do that one week.  Still only 1 ounce every 30 minutes.

ms_dar
on 6/9/11 10:33 am - Canada
I hope you find some relief soon.  I recall being told I belched more than a cow in those early days after surgery.  Eventually I discovered that anytime I eat too fast or too much it happens. I guess those early days, my sleeve was so swollen that even a sip was too much or too fast. The noise too will ease up in time and the shoulder pain may simply be due to the surgery.  Again, i hope you are feeling better soon. Keep on walking and sipping.

KathyA999
on 6/9/11 11:08 am
I still belch if I eat something my sleeve doesn't like.  Despite PPIs, I get gas, I find the occasional Pepcid helps tremendously.  Gas-X doesn't do it for me, I assume because my gas is caused by acid.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

snowbaby
on 6/9/11 11:22 am - Durango, CO
My husband, also a band to sleeve revision, has the same thing going on. He belched alot prior to sleeve surgery but now its almost constant. He said sometimes it feels like a spiked ball is rolling from down low to his esophagus. It does not seem to be associated with what or how much he eats - he even belches with an empty stomach. Sometimes it wakes him up in the middle of the night. His Dr. said it will settle down after a while. I sure hope so...its got to be uncomfortable and annoying.

They did not find any leaks on my husband. I got to watch too plus I was always checking his drain to make sure there was no blue dye. I really think the belching is just a by-product of the surgery for some folks.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views