Sleeved June 7th

newbegin
on 6/11/11 12:08 am - MI
On day 5 post op alot of mixed feelings. Overall feeling good today went 15 minutes on treadmill and was able to drink 4oz of protein shake. I just want to get passed the fluid stage, how do you judge when you are able to go to soft foods, I cant even manage to get half the liquid in?
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/11/11 12:14 am
 Hang in there!  Everyone says it gets better!

My surgeon has a very specific plan for post op foods.  Two weeks liquid, two weeks pureed, two weeks soft/mushy, then slowly adding regular foods in.  I would suggest checking the info s/he gave you or calling about soft foods so you don't damage your new tummy.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

tanieanie
on 6/11/11 1:03 am - WI
Your surgeon will tell you when he wants you to try soft foods on your 1 week visit.   seems like every surgeon has a different method.  But your surgeon knows your situation best and whats best for you.  My surgeon never did the clear liqued stage and started me on full liqueds day 1 and soft food day 7.  Good luck and keep us informed.

lucy2e
on 6/11/11 1:08 am - Laurel, MD
Congrats on being sleeved.  Eah doc is different in how you progress - I'm on full liquids 2 weeks post op, then mushies 2 weeks, then full food.  Look thru your materials or call the office - they can let you know!

For now remember your mantra should be sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Rosa L.
on 6/11/11 1:47 am - Chino, CA

I was also sleeved June 7th, and i know what you mean about the liquid stage.  I cant seem to get it all in. 

lynze01
on 6/11/11 3:32 am
I remember the liquids from pre-op and I thought i can do this after surgery no problem.  then such a rude awakening!  After surgery I couldn't eat anything, one spoon full of soup made my tummy ache.  It got better after the first week, and I was one liquids for 3 weeks post-op.  I was very hesitant to try the mushy foods, because I was so scared I would be ready for them.  Trust your doc, they say 2-3 weeks liquid, becaue they understand the surgery more they we do, and know when our bodys are ready for the next step. 

********Most important********* When you start eatting, go SLOW!   I mean really slow.  It should take as 30mins-1 hour to eat your tiny meal.  If you rush your meal, you will feel it!

la1126
on 6/11/11 6:41 am - NJ
Hello
I was sleeved on May 26Th!  My first week was really tough, I thought I made a bad choice.  I was on clear liquid protein ( Isopure drinks) and then start of week 2 was protein shakes.  All I can say is what most people said, Go Slow.  Drinking in my protein was a full time job, it never ended!  From the moment I woke until I went to bed i sipped.  I couldn't do soft foods until start of week 3 so check with your Dr before dong anything!

Good Luck

Lauren

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views