Tell me your surgery story!

Emily51501
on 6/12/11 7:31 am - Duluth, MN
VSG on 06/06/12
I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share their stories on their preop testing and their actual experiences going into and coming out of surgery. I'm looking to hear step by step how things went in the hospital too. Or maybe someone has some links of some good detailed blogs? Thanks so much!

Jasonm11
on 6/12/11 7:46 am
My blog on here is fairly detailed around that time but I was self pay so it will be different than that of the general patient.
Emily51501
on 6/12/11 8:07 am - Duluth, MN
VSG on 06/06/12
"So I'm asleep and being cut up and yadda yadda." Lol I like your writing style, very good read, thanks so much!

livingskinny
on 6/12/11 8:02 am - NC
Yeah same here, I'm self pay so the whole process for me moved quicky.  From my first appt with Dr Heider to now it's been about 1 1/2 months.  My sleeve date is 6/16/11...so close I can't wait...looking forward to a new journey.

Emily51501
on 6/12/11 8:10 am - Duluth, MN
VSG on 06/06/12
Well, I'm not too concerned with what was required of you but more so on how things went once checking into the hospital and such.

stefie67
on 6/12/11 9:34 am - Sicklerville, NJ
my pre-op took some time.  most was easy i must say, chest xray,2 phyc visits,gyno,pulmonologist,upper gi,doppler of my legs,cardio.  the hardest part was the sleep study.  i found out that i had sleep apnea and i needed a cpap machine.  i freaked out when they put the machine on me, so i walked out.  i found out later that without getting the cpap, there would be no surgery.  i found a new pulmonary dr who worked with me and i finally got the cpap.  i started all the testing in october of 2009 and i had surgery in august of 2010.  it took me that long to get appointments and to get the cpap.  after all that i saw the dr and i was approved by medical in less than one week. 

surgery was a breeze. i guess because i was aslee,lol.  i got to the hospital at 5;30 am and had surgey at 8:00 am.  i think i was out of surgery in recovery by 9:30 and in my room before noon.  i must say that i slept most of the day away and did not feel pain except for some gas pains.  i couldn't really drink much and i did feel sick to my stomach, but most of that was because of the pain killers.  they changed them a few times and it was better.  i was supposed to only spend one night but i felt weird the second day so i stayed an extra night. it was really a simple procedure, it gets harder when you find it hard to get in what you need to like water and protein.
i wish you good luck, it's a great life

MrsClaus09
on 6/12/11 10:01 am
My blog tells about my surgical experience....I need to update it though.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
vjb1952
on 6/12/11 10:11 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
My blog here also includes my experience...not so much on my pre-op testing because it was done several months before my actual surgery, but I do have a blog about the surgery and recovery, and some post-op.  Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views