Getting worse instead of better? HELP!

monprimag
on 6/19/11 9:50 am
 Hey everyone. I'm about 10 days out from surgery and it seems like every day is a different day with the sleeve. One day, liquids will go down completely fine and I'll hit my daily water intake with no problems. Then the next day it's the exact opposite! Today for example, I have only been able to drink about 20oz within the last 10 hours. That's only 2oz every hour! If I drink any faster, my tummy starts to get all sorts of uncomfortable, my nose starts running, and I start hiccuping. Aren't those all signs of being full? Does this mean that I'm drinking too fast? And if I am drinking too fast, then how am I supposed to keep myself hydrated with only 20oz of liquid! Or should I just ignore the full signals and keep on drinking? 

*sigh*

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really trying my hardest over here and it just makes me so upset that all of a sudden I'm having issues! 

HW: 299 SW: 282 (17lbs lost during 2 week pre-op diet) GW:150
acbbrown
on 6/19/11 9:57 am - Granada Hills, CA
Join the club.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

monprimag
on 6/19/11 10:06 am
 Glad to know I'm not alone! Have you been struggling with liquids as well?

HW: 299 SW: 282 (17lbs lost during 2 week pre-op diet) GW:150
acbbrown
on 6/19/11 11:12 am - Granada Hills, CA
My only friend is G-2. It always goes down with out a problem. My protein shakes - sometimes I can drink them easily, and sometimes, every sip causes discomfort. I've still been able to just keep sipping and getting enough fluid, but my stomach just...ughhh.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

onmywaytoskinny
on 6/19/11 10:30 am - Texas, TX
I feel ur pain? I am having some hard times too. I am just doing thenest I can and don't worry about the rest. I just don't want to vomit! I m getting in enough liquids but not protein.

Jenns Livin free
on 6/19/11 10:34 am
Ok, breathe!!  It will get better.  I am almost a month out and just starting to get my liquids in a little more.  I can drink more than a sip now.  And I am with you, some days I am more open than others, but it has gotten better.  Just keep trying, try not to get discouraged, and just keep sipping away as well as you can.  Eventually, you will be able to get the water in easier.
Jenn
Lovin' life...finally! Jenn
HW 324 Lapband SW 290(9/14/09)  VSG SW 254(5/23/11)  CW 210 GW 160
Approved on 3/10/2011 for Revision to VSG. Lapband removal 3/22/2011.VSG surgery 5/23/2011

Backinstride
on 6/19/11 10:36 am, edited 6/19/11 10:39 am
Your not alone I thought my incision site was finally healed until I bent down and oh the pain . I had to get out the heating pad.
Susan M.
on 6/19/11 10:50 am
 Jenn is completely right. Your stomach has undergone a huge procedure, and it's try very hard to adjust. You just need to give it time, and with time, you'll be getting in all your water and all the protein you need as well, but it does take time. Continue to do the best you can, and for the time being let your stomach dictate what you can and cannot tolerate.  Good luck.

disabled_nurse
on 6/19/11 11:19 am - Bogalusa, LA
I used a baby sippy cup, it gives u the perfec little sip, drinking too big of a gulp made me sick early out, I ate s/f popsicles, and ice chips...................and drank alot of hot decaf tea. Try different temps of fluids, I never could tolerate room temp anything, either it had to be hot, or so cold ice was in it. You can also freeze your yogurt to make it like ice cream.

Elaine H.
on 6/19/11 1:38 pm, edited 6/19/11 1:40 pm
I found Mio (located next to crystal light in the grocery stores) to be my salvation to get my water down. They make several flavors.
I also did better with broth and warm liquids in the begining. You can add unflavored protein to your broth coffee soups etc so you get your protein in. The trick is to mix the powder with some liquid before you add it to anything how, Unjury, Isopure and Pure from Bariatric eating all work well. Unjury.com and Vitaman shoppe.com for Isopure unflavored.
Every day gets bettter - just takes time - Hope this helps
Elaine H
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views