No weight loss in 2 weeks

Christine S.
on 6/28/11 5:59 am - NJ
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well out there fellow sleevers :)

I am so disappointed right now...it has been 7 weeks tomm. since my surgery and I haven't lost any more weight in the past 2 weeks.

So far I am down 28lbs since my surgery date but I feel that it should be a litte more since it has been almost 2 months.

I just want to know if anyone else experiences stalls this early out..I had the 3 week stall which was normal because of the body adjusting but now since it has been 2 weeks I am worried that I won't lose anymore..am I paranoid or does this happen to some people.

Any advice would be appreciated...thanks :)
Duffy563
on 6/28/11 6:10 am - Nashville, TN
 I didn't experience the 3 week stall,  I lost 30 lbs the first month...so you're not that far off from what I did those first few weeks. They say the more you have to lose, the more you lose initially, but not sure where you started. I also didn't really stall longer than a week or so over the last 7 months, but who knows why I didn't. I keep my calories between 400-600 per day, carbs less than 15g or so a day and fat less than 20g or so a day. I try and drink 80+ oz water to keep things moving. To date, I've lost 123 lbs. So, be encouraged, though the daily and weekly #s may not be huge all the time, over the course of months, it all adds up. I'm amazed every time I look at my total and see where I've come from. The sleeve is an amazing tool...if you stick with it and your dr's plan, you can succeed!
PS..every time I hit a time where I didn't lose anything, I thought the same thing you did...but, as long as you're sticking to plan, the loss will start again.
Christine S.
on 6/28/11 6:34 am - NJ
Thank you Duffy :)

It helps to hear other people's perspectives. I have been sticking to the plan..I also added walking 30 min a day to my regimen also because I know exercise if very important.  So, I will keep plugging away..this is an AMAZING tool and I am so thankful to have it..I just want to make sure it helps me get where I need to go..I have another 55lbs to lose so I don't want it to stop just yet...thanks again & CONGRATS on your wonderful weight loss...that is great!!! :)

Happy Girl
on 6/28/11 8:40 am - CA
Sounds to me like you are doing great. I think we had surgery around the same time and I have lost a lot less than you. When was the last time you lost as much as you have in the time that you have? You have to look at the whole picture, ya know?
Trust in the sleeve and do your best.
Good luck to ya!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

roundater
on 6/28/11 8:42 am - Lincoln, NE
I am on a bit of a stall also. My loss rate has slowed and the scale has not moved in three days. My sister had the surgery lost 122 lbs and says stalls happen. Just keep with your plan and you will be fine.
Rich Sonderegger

Christine S.
on 6/28/11 9:18 am - NJ
Thanks for the feedback :) I will keep plugging away!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views