42 gram protein bullet

CCinIndiana
on 7/8/11 2:20 pm - IN
http://www.ibariatric.com/42G_Protein_Bullet_p/pb42.htm

Has anyone tried these, what did you think?  Cathi
hollykim
on 7/8/11 2:29 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
They are made with collagen protein which is stuff like cows hooves,etc.It is the least readily absorbed by WLS folks. It is a waste of your money plus the people who have tried them,say they taste like butt.

Good luck in your protein search,
h

ruggie
on 7/8/11 2:48 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yikes!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 2:50 pm, edited 7/8/11 2:50 pm
CC I bought 3 of them and tried one and I ended up throwing 4 bucks down the drain... Oh and yes the taste NASTY!!!
carrierae
on 7/8/11 2:58 pm - WA
I like em! The tap out brand is the best but is collagen protein. The whey protein aren't yummy but fot 42 grams it is doable.
CCinIndiana
on 7/8/11 3:05 pm - IN
Thanks everyone..I guess its like if its to good to be true it probably isn't!!!    I am obsessing about clear liquid protein!  Cathi
linda B.
on 7/8/11 4:22 pm - lone oak, TX
They gave me one in the hospital when I had my surgery, the one made by Sunkist..my NUT looked them up and thought they were OK...another thing Drs and NUTs differ on...I kinda figured if the bariatric hospital hands them out, they must be OK.

roundater
on 7/8/11 7:25 pm - Lincoln, NE
Havent tried them but whey protein has worked best for me.
Rich Sonderegger

lanunes
on 7/8/11 9:37 pm - CA
 Unfortunately I bought  a whole case of them. New whey protein in fruit flavored. The consistency was quite thick which was weird. I also talked to my NUT about them and she said not to drink them as they are not whey isolate protein. I though I could use them for my 2 days of clear fluids pre-op and she said nope. There goes $30 down the drain. I tell ya....this protein stuff is quite costly! 
      Leslie Nunes              
Ms Shell
on 7/9/11 1:16 am - Hawthorne, CA
because I'm not 1 to waste money, I will say that aren't readily absorbed but you do get SOME protein.  I used them to make protein slushy when I bought a case back in my early stages.  I would add them to a water bottle and make a crystal light and toss the bottle in the freezer for a few hours.  It was great my first summer from surgery.  Again you aren't getting the whole 42 but it is something oh and when you mix it with stuff it tastes pretty good.  I mixed mine with the sugar free hawaiian punch.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views