Zoku ice pop maker! PERFECT for pre/post ops! Take a look!

3sweetpeas
on 7/14/11 12:03 pm - Tehachapi, CA
So, my pre-op liquid diet is fast approaching and I am trying to stock up on all things I need.  I came across this and thought, WOW.. so perfect for frozen treats for those days where I will feel like I need to 'eat' something.

It makes frozen pops really fast (7-9 minutes!) There is a recipe book you can get, or their BLOG that has several recipes that we can alter to make more WLS friendly. Some even call for greek yogurt! Replace sugar with a substitute and whole milk with FF milk.. also you can even just freeze protein drinks with some fruit! I can see getting a lot of use out of this and just wanted to share!

Here's the website ZOKU and you can purchase it from Amazon with free shipping HERE

They also have a Facebook where fans share more photos and recipes HERE

Take a look.. they look so yummy! My friend has one and loves hers! Mine shoudl be here soon!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

Amy 2bhealthy
on 7/14/11 12:31 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Looks neat! I have never seen one of those before. 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

roundater
on 7/14/11 1:34 pm - Lincoln, NE
Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Rich Sonderegger

ruggie
on 7/14/11 6:37 pm - Sacramento, CA
Wow, awesome, thanks for sharing this! I love the idea of protein-shake Popsicles!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ruggie
on 7/15/11 10:26 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey, do you actually own this and have used it yet?  If so, have you made frozen protein bars?

The reason I ask is because of one of the Amazon reviews, that reminded me that only certain things freeze well for popsicles:

I wish I could use splenda or other non-calorie things to the pops but not a big deal as we really bought this to have fun with our girls. You can't use items that are non-calorie because it causes the pops to freeze to hard and you won't be able to remove them. We use yogurt but my kids loved making layered ones with cool-aid. I think the pop maker is a great idea and my kids love being able to make a snack or dessert after dinner in less than 10 minutes. We have had regular pop makers that take a few hours to freeze and this is just so much better (instant gratification I suppose). I'm really glad we own this and over time making our own pops is less expensive than going out for icecream.

Would love to hear your input.

3sweetpeas
on 7/15/11 10:50 am - Tehachapi, CA
Egh... FAIL!
I wish I would have seen that review.. I read reviews too, but must have missed that one.

However, I do know that the vanilla pre-made protein drinks from Costco work, with or without fruit in them! :)
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

ruggie
on 7/15/11 10:58 am - Sacramento, CA
OoOoOoOh really... thanks for sharing that... perhaps I'll order one anyway just for protein freezers.

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 374 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views