First day of pre op liquid diet...I hope this gets better!

MomTo3Monsters
on 7/22/11 7:09 am - Frederick, MD
VSG on 08/02/11 with

I'm sad. I feel like the next 10 days are going to drag. 10 days without food!?!?!?! I dont even want to cook dinner for my husband and kids. I cant eat it. He brought home chicken for lunch for him and the kids, and I know I stared longingly at his plate. Ugh, I'm being a baby about this I know. I hope its gonna get easier to be on just liquids. Tomorrow is my daughters 3rd bday, and I'm feeling sorry for myself that I cant eat cake with her.
I dont want to cheat. I NEED to lose a few pounds by tuesday. Otherwise my dr wants me to do Optifast. That crap's expensive!!!! My nut gave me a guide to follow for my own liquid diet, and I got some protein powder for shakes, and dont mind drinking it at all cause I do feel satisfied for awhile after. I dont want to shell out $150 for a week of Optifast!
Grrrr!

duckheadz
on 7/22/11 7:16 am - MN
You're mourning food. It's normal. I felt the same way. The first 4 or 5 days are TOUGH but this where you are put to the ultimate test - are you serious and ready for this? If so, you will do it. you won't like it, you will mourn and grieve your old eating ways and food but you will do it.  I did it. It is SO worth it. But it is a necessary thing to break up with your best friend - food. I was in tears many times and just felt like having a pity party for myself and so I did! I whine and moaned and finally I just accepted it, I had no other choice.  You're goint to be SO proud of yourself and this is going to love the scale falling.  HANG IN THERE.  You're amazing and you can do this!
VSG Surgery Date 7/18/11    19 pounds lost pre-surgery  

End of 2011 Goal - 200  
MomTo3Monsters
on 7/22/11 7:26 am - Frederick, MD
VSG on 08/02/11 with
I know I can do this. I have to do this. I've wanted to do this for so long. I feel like an addict though! But, then, I guess in a way, I am.
I really dont want to cook or even look at dinner. I think my husband will have to cook. Is that even normal to have problems with cooking? Its not like I want to eat a hunk of raw chicken, but, the smells from the marinade...yum. No, I am doing this damnit. No reason the food should win!
Elaine2
on 7/22/11 7:53 am - Atlanta, GA
I think most will agree that this is probably more difficult than post op guidelines. But as others stated or will state, it's really important.

I didn't / don't have a family to manage but that's got to be hard.  Why don't you spend a good portion of this weekend making food or casseroles that you or your spouse can pop in the oven or microwave? Same that you would do if you were going away for a few days, right? Everything set to go so you don't have to deal with cooking?

Good luck.

colelea613
on 7/22/11 8:45 am - LA
It sucks!!!! I am on day three.  I am having mood swings.  I am grouchy.  I am tired. 

The last time I did this for the lap-band it was much easier, but I was working and didn't have a 4 year old. 

Wish I could go into coma till August 2nd and just have the surgery over!!!
    Cole

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/22/11 9:36 am
I hated my 14 day liquid diet. Day 1 and Day 7 were the  worst. After day 7 I was in the zone.  You are focused- no one said that you had to be pleasant. You got this!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
MomTo3Monsters
on 7/22/11 9:37 am - Frederick, MD
VSG on 08/02/11 with
Yup, I'm grumpy.
My husband goes "you arent eating dinner?" OMG, I wanted to pick up the chicken breast and throw it at him! I am dreading baking my daughters cupcakes tomorrow. And ya know, I dont even know that I'm THAT hungry, maybe more just mental wanting the food.
Its even harder I think, cause I am a stay at home mom. I am the primary care giver. Its not like me to not be happy about cooking. I'm a great cook, and I enjoy making dinner for my family. Today? NO! I need to go to the store, cause my DH brought me the wrong almond milk...he brought me chocolate with 22g of sugar per serving! And, frankly, I'm nervous. I always would pick myself up a sugary treat at the register. And I dont want to fail at this. Althgh, my protein powder wasnt bad with water...maybe just skip the milk for now and save a bit of my sanity.
jerseygirlxoxo
on 7/23/11 7:55 am
Dont be afraid to try different shakes. I started with bariatric advantage and couldnt stomach them. Now I use the Syntrax Nectars...they are a god send!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views