It's official, 8/1 is my day!

tripmom02
on 7/26/11 5:48 am - NJ
 I was able to beg, plead and cry my way into all the doctors I needed to see, and they where all so awesome and helpful with making sure all my clearences got sent where they where supposed to go! I had my final pre-op appointment with my surgeon today. 

He was surprised to see me b/c I was not supposed to have surgery until the end of Sept, but he said he is confident that my healing is sufficent enough to move forward. Of course he had to freak me out a bit and say "Well, we will go in and see, if its not good then we will just back right out and wait" GAH, WHY DID HE HAVE TO SAY THAT, now I am going to worry the whole time that I am going to wake up to him saying "NO sleeve for you".  (I know it's something he HAD to say, and it's important that he said it, but man I could have lived without hearing that! LOL) 

Other then that, I am just excited and doing everything I can to prepare.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Marcia B.
on 7/26/11 5:51 am - CA
Congrats and I hope when you have the surgery it all goes perfectly and there will be no issues stopping the surgeon :) 
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

tripmom02
on 7/26/11 6:33 am - NJ
 Thanks so much!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 6:07 am
VSG on 10/18/12
Why wouldn't you be able to have surgery? You are healing from something? I only ask because I had a classical c-section 7 months ago..eckkkk now I am worried. lol
tripmom02
on 7/26/11 6:35 am - NJ
 Don't worry LOL I had my lapband removed on Fathers Day weekend, and he is just worried that the scar tissue annd swelling from that could cause some issues. He does not want to risk a leak, which happens more when you are doing a revision from the band.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views