Am I stretching sleeve - NEED ADVICE!!!

bc32084
on 7/25/11 4:46 pm - VA

I am 8 weeks out and most days can get down 2oz of food.  Although it changes and there are days when I can't get more than an oz down.  When I am full I get pain in my chest, I measure my food to try and keep that from happening.  I haven't been stuffed that many times so I am actually not sure if the pain in the chest is gas or something else.  I still don't really know my sleeve that well

I try and sip water all day to stay hydrated because I know I cannot gulp liquids and I had to visit the ER for dehydration at week 2.  Here lately, when drinking so much liquid, I find myself feeling full or maybe strecthed in my actual stomach area.  I don't know what that means.  I thought we wouldn't feel anything down there anymore.  Am I strectching my sleeve?

katier825
on 7/25/11 6:50 pm
How much you can comfortably eat can vary on the day and the type of food eaten.  For example, at 8 months out, I can eat a whole yogurt (6 oz), but only 3 or so ounces of chicken at a sitting.  If you are eating what you are supposed to be eating, 2 oz is fine.  The liquids aren't going to stretch your sleeve, but if you are uncomfortable, maybe drink a little slower to allow the stomach time to empty a little between.  It's so hot everywhere, dehydration is a big concern.  Just don't try to eat and drink at the same time.  I find that I can eat sooner (20-30 minutes) after drinking, but usually feel full enough that I prefer to wait 30-60 to drink after eating, depending on the food.
cattywompos
on 7/25/11 10:20 pm

That "stretched" feeling that you are experiencing is a feeling of fullness, or atleast that is what it would be for me.  Liquids can make you feel full depending on the temperature as well. Hot or really cold drinks make me have a "full" sensation much more than room temp ones.  Yes, we can still feel in that area.  It would be extremely hard for you to stretch your sleeve with liquids and eating 2oz of food.  You are doing fine, no worries :)

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views