Hate me this week

jthomp7889
on 7/28/11 11:43 am - Shrewsbury, MA
 I am 2.5 months out and so close to breaking the 200lb mark and I out on like 4-5 pounds in a week. WTH did I do. I am working this week and there is so much food and I ate and ate and probably even stretched my sleeve. I am so disgusted and angry at myself like I sabotaged my sleeve. I leave Sunday for Cancun and it will be all about the food and drink. I just feel like I lost willpower...

God help me get back on track! :(

Laurie M.
on 7/28/11 11:54 am - KS
I know it's awful when we fall off the wagon. You just want to beat your head against the wall sometimes! But you have recognized where things went wrong and you can and will get back on top! Don't let it be just about willpower. Understand that somedays we are going to do very well and other days not so hot. We must try to keep the bad days under control. And Cancun does not have to be just about "all the food and drink". Let it be about the hot sun, warm beach, cool water and enjoying the non food aspect of your vacation. You have worked hard on yourself and you will be able to continue your journey! We are here for you each step of the way! Go and enjoy your time off!

IrishColleen
on 7/28/11 1:06 pm - Owosso, MI
 Okay.  So you did it and now it's over.  You can't go back you can only learn and go forward.  Stop the cycle of eating for the wrong reason and start thinking about where you're going.  

You can do this!  You did it before, you will again.  Like Lisa said, don't make Cancun about the food and drink or you're setting yourself up.  Sure you can eat some but remember your limits.  This way you get to eat a little of a lot and not a lot of a little.  Enjoy the snorkeling, the sun and the pool.  If you're so close to that 200 pound mark, think how great you'll look in swim trunks!  

Refocus on taking better care of yourself and drink your fluids instead of eating.

Good luck and have a great time in Cancun.  I'll be pretending I'm there instead of here!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
theshrinkingmimi
on 7/28/11 1:28 pm
You are only 2.5 months out. If it was that easy to stretch the sleeve, the success rate would be like 10% or less.  Remember, the people who have this surgery are obese- many with food issues- many who have been overweight all or most of their lives.

I had a friend spend 2 weeks in Europe and came back a whole pants size smaller. He left his XL t-shirts behind in the hotel and bought 3 large shirts. He said that there was no point in trying to make the useless shirts fit in the luggage. He said that he looked like a joke in them.

Cancun is full of fish.  Eat protein first!  Focus on fish and chicken.  Then eat vegetables. And listen to your stomach, you don't want to get sick on your vacation!!!!! 

Enjoy the music, the scenery, the people. Laugh, dance, shop, and do water/beach sports. Stay busy and walk alot.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
jthomp7889
on 7/28/11 7:29 pm - Shrewsbury, MA
Thanks all. I hope I am past the worst. I do need to STOP listening to my head and start listening to my stomach. My mindset is what got me in trouble all these years!

Appreciate it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 339 views