Question about VSG

Mrsdwhite
on 8/2/11 10:51 am
I'm in the process of wls and torn between lap band and vsg.  Has anyone had any problems with the vsg and please be honest?  I've read about people having fainting spells, lightheadednesss and low blood pressure.  Any info would be great and thank you in advance,
Dawnie 88
on 8/2/11 11:00 am
I honestly have never heard of people having these issues..and I've been on this board about 2 yrs..and i'm 15 mths postop and NEVER had any of those issues.

Mrsdwhite
on 8/2/11 11:06 am
Thank you so much for your feedback.  Thats good hear.
Dawnie 88
on 8/2/11 11:09 am
well..i take that back..i had slight lightheadedness the first week postop..but it's because I over-did it by walking around the block..in the heat..with no water with me..but that was the one and only time.

iLoveMe
on 8/2/11 11:16 am - MO
my cousin had issues and was placed on life support. she is fine now.  she doesn't want me to have surgery but I have to do what's best for me..basically, she was dehydrated and was being too private and didn't want anyone to know that she had wls and she didn't tell her mother until she had to be rushed to the hospital......i must admit that i had second thoughts about having this surgery because of everything she went thru but i feel that this is  the best option for me..i even considered the lapband but everyone i know that has had the surgery is still "plump" ...lol
Mrsdwhite
on 8/2/11 11:10 am

Ok thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 11:13 am
Ok I'm going to fess up here - I am having lightheadedness and have nearly had a couple of fainting spells.

I am a fainter.  I fainted when I was pregnant with all 3 boys and I have normally low blood pressure (110/65) so that is why.  I also faint from heat so I have to be careful in the shower.

I feel it coming on.  If I stop moving, breath deeply it goes away.  I am totally convinced it is related to A: 3 weeks out from surgery, I'm still in recovery even though I feel fine, B: already a fainter and C: my body adjusting to less calories.

It doesn't bother me a bit.  I wouldn't trade this for the world.  I feel FANTASTIC, I've got my life back, I'm almost in regular clothing (XL/18), I'm the happiest I've ever been - it's amazing.  And I know the lighteheadedness will go away, it's not bothering me at all.

Also I had to order my chewable vitamins online and they haven't gotten here (for IRON) so I know I need those iron pills asap.  I've always had to watch anemia, it did return post surgery and that will cause fainting also.

But again - I already had these issues pre surgery and I already know what to do to make it better and I know it will go away )

I'm so thankful for doing this, I feel like this was truly God's hand in my life.
acbbrown
on 8/2/11 11:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
I honestly haven't seen anything close to the number of problems with VSG as I have the lap band. Honestly, before I did this, someone couldnt have paid me to put a lap band in (just my very personal opinion and nothing against people who have one or want one)

I had a little bit of dehydration a few days out, but other than that, it's been smooth sailing. No follow ups for fills, adjustments, no worries about when I'll get my "sweet spot" for restriction. I just eat a little bit of food and call it  day.

I'm all about any surgery that allows me to keep a normal functioning stomach with a pyloric valve - none of that pouch stuff.

Fainting spells, light headedness and low blood pressure are probably not things directly related to a surgery type but just general post-op issues relating to reduced food/water intake and rapid weight loss.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mrsdwhite
on 8/2/11 11:19 am
Thank you all for responding I really appreciate it.
roundater
on 8/2/11 11:34 am - Lincoln, NE
i am 53 days post op and feel absolutely great! I have had none of the symptoms you describe and honestly felt more discomfort at the dentist than this surgery. I would recommend it to anyone who qualifies and is interested.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views