Flying two weeks after surgery

Kimchi829
on 8/4/11 12:15 pm - PA
My surgery date for VSG is on 8/29. I am going to Vegas September 12-16. Flying direct from Philly to Vegas......Doc believes all will be fine. Has anyone flown so close post op and how did you do?

Not worried about the food, just the flight.

Thanks!

mrsbure
on 8/4/11 12:50 pm
Drink LOTS of water, wear support stockings and get up and move around as much as possible. I'm 2 weeks out tomorrow and I feel like I could fly.
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 12:59 pm
I flew home three nights after being sleeved- it was very easy! Walking in the airport I was sore, but sitting there on the plane was fine.. you should have no issues that far out!
LeahBea
on 8/4/11 1:28 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I also flew 3 days post surgery. I felt just fine and had no issues. Bring an empty bottle through security that you can fill at a fountain and a few crystal light sticks so you have something to drink. Have fun!

Leah

No More Spanx
on 8/5/11 2:08 am, edited 8/5/11 2:08 am - Rock Island, IL
I flew 3 days after as well.  No issues, just bring plenty of water (not juice or liquids with sugar).

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

sun_shyne39
on 8/5/11 8:49 am - NJ
I flew 12 days post and was just fine.  My flight was about two hours.  The only issue I had was a little soreness on my right side while walking through the airport, but it was manageable.  If you really can't bring yourself to walk that far you can always use the free wheelchair service at the airport.
Good luck and have a great time in vegas!
sun_shyne39      
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views