the "lazy" way out!!

chris1021
on 8/5/11 11:01 pm - DeQuincy, LA
ok so i know that not every body is on board with WLS, you are going to have your people who doubt it, make fun of it, whatever!! but still its so hard not to want to punch someone in the mouth when they spew out crap that they know nothing about!!  most everyone in my life has been real supportive but i too have my few "friends" who still want to share their opinion... like... "wow i still cant believe you took the lazy way out"
WHAT!!! tell me please, in what universe is THIS the LAZY way?? this is one of the hardest things i have ever done!! AND IM STILL NEW AT THIS!! ughhh, people who dont do their research on what WLS really is needs to seriously keep their trap shut!! what im doing, im doing to better myself for all the right reasons and i shouldnt have to justify or explain anything. this is NO DIFFERENT then one of their diets or expensive workout programs, i dont question their decisions on that, so i guess i expect them not to question my decision on this. ugh people...

~Don't be afraid to lose what was never meant to be~

@}~CHRIS~{@

mini_me_ now
on 8/5/11 11:55 pm

well your prob not going to like my answer but for me this has been pretty easy... once i got past the first few days after sugery it was not hard at all...

I could not eat much and the weight just kept coming off month after month til i got to goal.. and all i did was add walking .

I think the harder part is maintaining and trying to juggle what to allow back in and what to keep out for life..

But if someone says that to you again ask them and do they walk to work? or do they use a dish washer or a clothes dryer.... so why should you be expected to do it the "hard" way when everyone knows that diet and exercise  has a 95-97% chance of failure... ask them would they really rather you got ill from health related issues while you yoyoed up and down, rather  than take the most sucessful way of  getting healthy...

I would probably ask them also is it really more important to them how you got healthy? rather than the fact your getting healthy...

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

notoriousgrannyD
on 8/6/11 12:18 am
VSG on 10/16/12
when people are ignorant and just wan to stay that way, just smile and agree.  Say "yes this is so easy, it's like magic!!!!"  and leave their dumb asses at that. Don't leave yourself open to judgement, not in this. 
kimbethin
on 8/6/11 2:35 am - CA
 I LOVE that answer!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
barber64
on 8/6/11 2:44 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
I agree with Kimbethin. Love that answer..
HollyLaLa
on 8/6/11 12:09 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
Weight loss is a battle no matter how you approach it.  What works for some may not work for others.  I agree that most of the people that I know I have been open with about my decision however there are a few that I have chosen to keep my decision close to my vest.  "I am eating healthier, smaller portions and exercising."   That's the truth and all they need to know.  Hold your head up high and amaze everyone as you transform into the healthy happy and sexy person that is within you.  Those ignorant idiots are perhaps jealous or nervous that you will one day redefine how they feel about themselves.  Be strong, stand tall and stay your course remember this is your life and you are a fighter!  Congratulations on your decision and your success!   

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
skylark2011
on 8/6/11 12:37 am
"Those ignorant idiots are perhaps jealous or nervous that you will one day redefine how they feel about themselves."

THE TOTAL UNASHAMED TRUTH!  they are nervous or afraid of your success.  you can tell when people are genuinely concerned for you, or concerned for what others (and themselves) will think once you lose the extra weight. 
acbbrown
on 8/6/11 12:29 am - Granada Hills, CA
The lazy way is to sit around, do nothing, eat whatever you want, and pay no attention to your health and your weight. THAT's the lazy way.

Being proactive, planning meals, measuring portions, chewing forever, exercising = NOT LAZY. I'm not really sure how this is different than any other diet - we are still responsible for our choices - I could chose to suck down milk shakes and fill my small stomach with chocolate . We still have choices to make, and it takes a lot of effort, especially the further you get out.

You should feel confident in your choice, and let those comments roll off your shoulder. Just smile and think "how dumb are they" and let it go. We dont need any more stress through this process as it is :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

angieb77
on 8/6/11 1:11 am - Blaine, MN
ditto!

I had a friend that had a bad reaction to my telling her I had surgery.  I decided that I was only going to share my surgery journey with my immediate family.  It has made things easier.  In a way I wish I could share it with everyone but I do not want to have to deal with the judgement of others or try to justify to them why I had the surgery.  A lot of people don't understand WLS and don't know much about it. 

My friend also thought I was taking the easy way.  I tried to explain to her that I made this choice to better myself not to just loose weight but to get healthy and feel healthy.  I told her that diets don't work most people gain the weight back overtime.  She proceeded to tell me that dieting was a "lifestyle change".  Like I haven't had to make a lifestyle change post-surgery?!?  Whatever.  I know she is jealous she is overweight as well and had done exercise and dieting to lose weight and gained it all back.

I am grateful for the supportive family that I have that have encouraged me and supported me through my weight loss journey.
  Sometime friendships change post surgery.  You really find out who is your true friend and who is not.  Those that are your true friend will support you, no matter what they agree with.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

Krazydoglady
on 8/6/11 1:58 am - FL

Repeat after me, NOT YOUR FRIEND! 

I have friends and family who questioned things like the cost and safety of WLS pre-op.  Lets face it, I am self-pay, and those are valid concerns for people who love us.  Having said that, NO ONE has questioned my CHARACTER because they are real friends. They know better. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views